Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
The Training Specialist – Clinical, is responsible for onboarding, training, and development of MedExpress providers (Physicians, Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners) and clinicians (RN/LPNs, MAs, RTs, EMTs). To do this, they will implement, create, maintain, and update provider and clinical training materials and documentation across the MedExpress platform. This may include on-going compliance and regulatory training, new hire training, and professional development training for all provider and clinical staff. The Training Specialist – Provider/Clinical, may also participate and contribute to other various operational training throughout MedExpress. This position will require up to 80% travel, platform wide.
- Utilize virtual training methods to provide training to clinicians and providers, This may include new hire onboarding for clinical and provider center employees, professional growth training across the platform, compliance and regulatory training, and new center training as needed.
- Travel to centers to provide training to clinicians within the trainer’s scope of practice. This may include clinical skills, workflow, and policy and procedure training.
- Provides train the trainer sessions for peers to expand training team expertise.
- Assists management with evaluation of staff following trainings.
- Provides regular feedback to new hires and management on their proficiency and performance during training
- Provides coaching support to staff pre- and post- center opening to ensure compliance and consistency.
- Assists management with problem solving training (e.g. IT issues, common mistakes, system errors etc.).
- Maintains accurate training records and notes.
- Maintain accurate metrics as required including timely and thorough completion of all necessary program assignments, progress reports and other required documentation.
- Responsible for staying current on all ME policy and procedural updates.
- Works with Training Delivery Manager and Development Manager to review new material, test for functionality, and provide recommendations.
- Assist with updating and creating new and ongoing training content as assigned including presentations, job aids, instructor guides, activities and assessments.
- Make independent decisions to adapt training to the learners needs as required
- Assist with logistics, transportation and coordination of materials, site locations and hardware setup.
- Function as a consultant to platform business partners.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current RN license from the state of residence. Eligible to be licensed or certified in other US States.
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the time, platform wide
- 2+ years clinical experience
- 1+ years of experience in formal teaching, presenting and/or training
- Flexibility to work an irregular schedule that changes weekly and monthly based off travel needs. May be expected to work some weekends and an occasional holiday
- Working knowledge of: Emergency care, urgent care, and occupational medicine fields; HIPAA, OSHA, HR and billing/coding requirements; state and federal laws governing medical services; and Accreditation Bodies
- Maintain continuing education hours as indicated for maintaining individual licensure
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft products (i.e. Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Valid driver’s license from the state of residence
- Experience with presentation skills, instructional design basics, and learning objectives.
- Ability to maintain organized, detailed records and to multi-task
- Ability to communicate confidently and professionally in both written and oral forms
- Ability to train/present to small and medium size groups, both in-person and virtually
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, professional relationships
- Desire to expand knowledge of training and development industry standards and develop new skill set
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Will consider an Associate’s Degree and equivalent experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree
- Six Sigma or PMI, or CPLP certification
© 2019 OptumCare. All rights reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Role is also eligible to receive bonuses based on sales performance. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, in addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: training, adult learning, training specialist, professional development, healthcare, human resources, virtual training, train the trainer, clinical trainer, provider trainer, provider training, clinical training, MedExpress, Optum