This job is located in Amherst.
Join Our Team: Are you looking for a new start? A great opportunity awaits with Elderwood! Overview:
Have you always been a caretaker by nature? Perhaps you are a nursing student, former CNA, HHA or PCA? This is an opportunity to make a difference (and a pay check), up close and personal, helping to take care of loved ones at Elderwood at Amherst.
The Support Aide to CNA Track provides insight into the direct care role, as well as training and mentorship that will allow you to perform specific tasks with our resident population. Apply as a Support Aide and be slotted into the next Temporary Nurse Aide Training (TNA) and then the subsequent Nurse Aide Training Program to become a CNA.
NEXT CLASS is scheduled for September 27th (subject to change based on instructor and classroom availability) We will ensure you're slotted into a training within 90 days of coming on as a Support Aide.
Support Aide position Overview:
- The Support Aide team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by providing resident-related support services. Interest in entry into the 100 hour Nurse Aide Training Program will be evaluated during this time for team members pursuing certification.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Training Overview:
- Elderwood's CNA Training course will last for three weeks, Monday to Friday from 8:30a-4:30p.
- First two weeks are classroom training at Gerard Place (on Bailey Ave in Buffalo, NY); third week will be clinicals at a local Elderwood Skilled Nursing Facility (to be determined)
- Once you pass, your status (and pay) will be adjusted from Support Aide to CNA.
- Elderwood will pay for the CNA certification test as well as any applicable onboarding requirements, including but not limited to PPD and Physical for eligible candidates.
- Training is PAID - you will be clocked in as a Support Aide during training hours and get paid while you train.
- Transport residents or accompanies ambulatory residents as assigned to various locations in the building including the dining room, activity program areas, therapy or treatment areas.
- Make unoccupied resident beds, as assigned.
Assist in the Dining Room with food service to residents, under the direction of licensed therapy staff; duties include passing trays, cutting meat, opening cartons or other containers.
Distribute supplemental nourishments to residents who do not need to be fed, as directed.
Conduct informal activities on the nursing unit when time permits, as directed.
Supply fresh water in resident's rooms, as directed.
Prepare bed and bedwear of resident's at hour of sleep, as assigned.
Help keep general areas of the assigned nursing unit neat and orderly, as directed.
Clean resident's equipment (wheelchair/geri chair, bed, etc.), as assigned.
Keep the rooms of residents orderly, as assigned.
Notify therapist of any unusual incidents regarding residents.
- Sixteen (16) years of age required; high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Employment Certificate/Permit required for 16-17 years of age.
- No findings or convictions of resident abuse, mistreatment and misappropriation of property through any current or previous licensing agency.
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical or religious exemption from vaccination.
Employee Perks!: 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Clean, Neat & Newly Renovated Facility, Close to thruway entrances/exits, Conveniently located on a bus route, Free On-Site Parking, Free Uniforms, Generous PTO & holiday package, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, NEW Weekly Pay Schedule!, Quiet suburban neighborhood, Substantial employee referral program, Truly make a difference in our residents' lives while providing top notch care, Tuition reimbursement program, Uniform Provided EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
- Referral Marketing
- Life Insurance