KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets-up and operates painting equipment in production area. Troubleshoots problem situations as appropriate.
- Performs prototype painting for engineering and model shop.
- Makes recommendations and may assist in designing and manufacturing racks and fixtures used in painting processes in addition to areas for improvement.
- Inspects assigned work.
- Completes paperwork associated with assigned tasks.
- Routes parts using material handling equipment.
- Achieves and maintains quality and productivity standards.
- Actively participates in team meetings.
- Ability to pass OHSA required respirator fitness test.
- Ensure that the following commitments are met and improved upon as outlines in the MPS Plan Document: On-Time Delivery, Quality, Units per Man Hour, Safety, Housekeeping, and Waste.
- Creates and executes MPS plans, meets MPS commitments and works within the guidelines of MPS; reflects Milgard’s business values and the Milgard philosophy in all business interactions.
- Incorporates Milgard’s vision and values into day-to-day activities and behaviors; guides and motivates others to remain committed to the Milgard philosophy.
- Adheres to all facets of safety policies and procedures.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees in this position. This not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
- Demonstrated manual dexterity required.
- Previous liquid and or painting experience preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret blueprints to accomplish job assignments, i.e., racking points, masking requirements, critical appearance areas, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively inspect assigned work. May include use of electronic coating thickness testers.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate work information effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use parts handling equipment.
- One year of production experience or similar
- Two to three years of work experience
- Knowledge or safe work practices
- High School diploma or GED
- Read a tape measure
- Math skills
- Read/Write English
- Keep MPS commitments
- Operate various tools
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Prolonged standing and repetitive motions, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling
- May be required to frequently lift up to 75 lbs
- Hand dexterity and strength
- Overtime may be required, including weekends
- Work performed in a warehouse type facility with temperatures subject to normal environmental conditions.
Employees in this job description may be required, as a function of their assigned duties, to generate or otherwise handle hazardous waste material. When determined by the supervisor that assigned duties will require hazardous waste material handling, within 6 months of acquiring this position and at yearly intervals subsequent to initial training, hazardous material training in accordance with Milgard Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure/Hazardous Waste Management Contingency Plan, Appendix 8 – Hazardous Waste Management Training Plan, is required.
Milgard does not tolerate discrimination of any type, and offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, age, disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other considerations made unlawful by Federal, State or local laws. We believe in providing eligible and qualified employees with opportunities to advance. Milgard is an at-will employer.Company
Milgard Manufacturing IncorporatedShift
Shift 1 (United States of America)Full or Part Time
Masco Corporation (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Masco Corporation is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: URL blocked - click to apply
E-verify Right to Work Poster: URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, unless specified within the job description.