Job Title: Customer Care Representative
Edina, Minnesota 55436
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Answer inbound customer service calls and make some outbound follow up calls in a
professional, service oriented manner. Answer the calls timely without drops/abandons.
● Ascertain the reason for the call and assist the caller with their questions, concerns or problems
with the focus on first call resolution. Facilitate resolution by referring the matter to the
issue/content expert. Escalate the matter to a supervisor, request the appropriate information or
take appropriate action so that the issue expert is able to effectively resolve the matter.
● Assist with inbound faxes to identify issues and take action on account to facilitate faxed request.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
● Exceptional customer service skills including effective and efficient problem solving and analyzing
● Professional and calming tone of voice with complete command of the English language free of
use of inappropriate grammar
● Ability to facilitate conversations with others and establish an understanding of the customer's
issue/reason for contact
● Ability to perform essential job functions with a high degree of independence, flexibility, and
creative problem solving techniques
● Ability to maintain control of the call by de-escalating issues and instilling confidence that the
resolution has been found.
● Ability to function effectively under stress of conflicting demands on time and attention and,
sometimes, under duress from difficult personalities
● Ability to interpret and apply reimbursement aspects of managed healthcare contracts
● Attentive listening skills
● Ability to clearly articulate a response to the customer using appropriate voice modulation
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
● High school education or the equivalent
● 1 - 2 years prior experience in an inbound call center and/or customer service environment;
hospital patient account billing with experience or knowledge of 3rd party reimbursements from
insurance companies and government payers is a plus
Schedule: Mon-Fri 8-4:30 pm
Pay: $19/ hr
Position Notes: This is a contract to hire position with Medix. Medix offers weekly pay, with full health insurance benefits (medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k, PTO) after 30 days (4 consecutive weeks) of full time employment.
"Medix cares about its employees to the point where they're treated like family. They provide the
necessary tools to help with your job search and provide continuous contact to ensure your placement is going well and follow up with any questions or concerns. You're more than just an employee- you're also a team member, and I couldn't be happier!" - JASMINE, MEDIX TALENT
Operate Cash Register
Identify Customer Need
Resolve Customer Issue