Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership’s assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity.
Make the most of your talents in a fast-paced environment driven by people who strive for achievement. Enjoy corporate strength, stability, and a rewarding career at a growing industry-leading and diverse operating company with a track record for success. Tap into the professional possibilities of Enterprise Products Company.
The Senior Communications Technician will provide telecommunications support. This role requires a highly motivated individual, capable of working independent of direct supervision, to support a wide array of communications systems in a corporate office environment. This position will provide direct support of local projects, system preventative maintenance, fault isolation and troubleshooting, and 24 hour on-call support. The technician will also provide support and first level training of field operations personnel. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting for various types of communication systems, such as VOIP telephony, analog voice, audio visual systems, badge access, video surveillance and satellite equipment, in addition to the infrastructure which it supports.
- Assist projects group with the implementation of project related systems.
- Direct local contractors engaged in the installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems.
- Provide support and first level training of office personnel.
- Act as first level liaison between office personnel and the IT organization.
- Drive standards and provide feedback to the communications engineering team.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support.
- Travel up to 15%.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- An Associate's degree in Electronic or 7 years of equivalent experience in the field of Electronics is required.
- 7 years experience with Avaya VIOP Telephony systems is required.
- Experience with Zeacom or other Call Center applications is a plus.
- 7 years experience in the installation and/or maintenance of video surveillance and LAN cabling systems is required.
- A network certification such as a CCNA is a plus
- The applicant should be able to utilize test equipment and software required to support telecommunications systems.
- The applicant should also be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently of direct supervision and prioritize assigned activities
- Ability to interact with internal and external teams /clients to solve problems.
- Physical ability to work in indoor and outdoor environments, climb stairs and ladders, and safely and effectively operate a motor vehicle.
Installations (Computer Systems)