Forestar Group Inc. is a residential lot development company and a majority-owned subsidiary of D.R. Horotn, Inc., the largest homebuilding by volume in the United States since 2002.
Forestar Group is currently looking for a Land Acquisition Manager. The right candidate will manage the Land Acquisition for the division and find, place under contract, receive governmental approval, and close on new land that meets the division's needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan, direct and coordinate all land acquisition activities
- Identify and qualify potential land acquisitions in alignment with division goals
- Manage the due diligence process on land acquisition opportunities, including initial master planning work in close coordination with internal design and land development teams
- Manage, coordinate resources for, and meet all entitlement needs for land acquisitions
- Monitor development phases and entitlement processes post-closing
- Maintain responsibility for developing departmental overhead budget and controlling the budget
- Manage the land/lot purchase contract process with division counsel, outside counsel and region counsel
- Collaborate with the Land Development Department on potential development communities
- Develop business community relationships and scout other avenues for possible acquisitions
- Negotiate the acquisition of properties with landowners, attorneys or brokers
- Prepare land valuation analysis and corporate budgets
- Prepare memoranda and other documentation and analytics for corporate approval for land buys
- Conduct all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
- Able to travel overnight
This position may directly manage 2 or more employees and will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Fifth year college or university program certificate;
- Seven to ten years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have a vehicle and valid driver's license
- Strong Communication Skills
- Creative thinking and attention to detail
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, Vision and Dental
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
Mergers And Acquisitions