The basic function of this position is to provide field technical support and Management for the Stryker Instruments Field Service program. They must be a technical expert on all products he or she supports in order to provide service to their territory as well as supervise their designated team.
- Will coordinate and execute on-site support and service in the field
- Will ensure successful on-boarding of new ProCare and Territory Techs.
- Will provide repair information, historical data, and/or research escalated problems for sales reps and customers.
- Will collaborate with other Stryker divisions and external vendors. Working to find best practices and opportunities to optimize Field Service
- Will manage relationship with all vendors in the field.
- Will manage performance of vendors in the field.
- Will perform all business reviews with vendors.
- Will develop strategic initiatives across Field Service Organization.
- Will partner with Project Managers to help deliver Field Service Projects.
- Will have supervisory responsibilities for the ProCare and Territory Techs.
- Will manage hours, time cards.
- Will manage one-on-ones, development, and performance reviews for direct reports.
- Will ensure all direct reports have appropriate vendor credentialing.
- Will ensure all field operations processes are followed.
- Will manage overtime and travel expense budget with their teams PNL.
- Will partner with sales reps, RM’s and customers to promote Stryker ProCare programs and value of Service.
- Identify areas of needed support for future growth.
- Blood Borne Pathogen Category A Position
- Must be able to move large, heavy toolboxes through airports and hospitals
- Must be able to use common hand tools as well as some power tools
- Must be able to work in confined spaces for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work under the confines of personal protective equipment
- Must be able to work with and in close proximity to potentially bio-hazardous material
- Must be able to travel frequently and on short notice
- Must be able to drive and rent a vehicle
- Must be able to communicate telephonically and via email
- Must be able to pass all background and drug screenings
- Must have demonstrated high work standards and attention to detail.
- Must be comfortable using independent judgment to analyze and resolve technical issues.
- Must be comfortable using independent judgment to analyze and resolve customer support issues.
- Must be able to read, understand, and explain detailed product and technical information.
- Must be able to drive Analytical and Strategic Initiatives.
- Must be able to develop and ensure effective training.
- Must be able to coordinate detailed travel arrangements.
Qualifications/Work Experience Preferred
- Must have a strong customer service background.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated analytical skills.
- Must have demonstrated organizational skills.
- Must have demonstrated presentation skills.
- Must have the ability to learn and communicate technical information.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience with progression of responsibilities.
- Minimum of 2 years of previous supervisory or management experience
Education/Special Training Required
Work From Home: Yes
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.