Are you passionate about improving the quality of healthcare?
Are you ready to leverage your talents to make healthcare better for everyone?
Do you want the opportunity to give back to your community?
Do you want to have fun at work?
Then join the growing team at Health Services Advisory Group (HSAG) that is transforming the delivery of healthcare in the United States!
HSAG is nationally recognized as an industry leader in the areas of healthcare data analysis, measure development, and survey research. We are in search of talented individuals who are interested in a career in analytics as Senior Analyst in HSAG’s Data Science & Advanced Analytics division. Together we can spread positive change to make healthcare better.
The Senior Analyst position benefits from HSAG’s desire to grow its staff into the future leaders of healthcare quality improvement in the nation. During the first year, new HSAG analysts are provided formal internal training in statistics, machine learning, clinical epidemiology, SAS, Tableau, healthcare data, and an assortment of healthcare-related topics. The Senior Analyst position will assist in supervising junior-level analytic staff in the Data Science & Advanced Analytics division.
- A comfortable work-life balance, including half-day Fridays and flexible work schedules.
- Three weeks of paid time off and 13 company-paid holidays where staff leave two hours early prior to each holiday to get a “jump start” on holiday festivities.
HSAG offers a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) and an employee stock ownership plan.
The Senior Analyst position is a key leader in cutting-edge analytic work that spans the broad spectrum of healthcare data projects at HSAG. Driven by intellectual curiosity and a passion for healthcare quality, the Senior Analyst position develops, implements, and leads innovative analytic plans that are intended to provide healthcare decision and policy makers with the necessary information to transform healthcare. HSAG analysts in the Data Science & Advanced Analytics division assist in designing a wide array of analytic studies and participate in all phases of the research design process under the direction of the Senior Analyst and other senior staff members. Senior Analysts will work with data to facilitate data exploration and fulfill client deliverables, including (but not limited to) the following data types:
- case review
- medical and prescription drug claims and encounters
- electronic health record
- vital statistics
Details regarding potential project assignments and key sources of data will be discussed with candidates during the interview process.
Essential Competencies, Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as an analytic leader within the HSAG Data Science & Advanced Analytics division.
- Lead multiple medium-sized analytic tasks or projects simultaneously, while providing analytic support and leadership on other projects.
- Understand primary types of healthcare data and methods for approaching data assessments.
- Evaluate a wide array of data types.
- Define appropriate research questions and develop corresponding analytic plans.
- Lead and interpret analyses, develop appropriate statistical models, manipulate complex databases, and track and evaluate patterns of care and outcomes.
- Oversee all data-related project activities.
- Attend, participate, and lead team training meetings.
- Present and communicate project results to non-analytic staff members and customers.
- Represent HSAG in a professional manner at all times.