Genesis10 is currently seeking a Java Application Developer for a 6-month contract to hire position working with a financial client in the Milwaukee, WI area. Description:
Build out Backend Platform as a member of the Data and & Analytics (D&A) team works in the Clouds at the intersection of Digital Banking, Analytics and Big Data with the mandate to build world-class solutions for thousands of financial institutions. Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
- Experience working with Big Data technologies including Apache Spark and AWS, or similar technologies
- Experience programming in Java, STELLA, Python, R or other Data Science programming languages
- Experience analyzing data and providing interpretation of that data to the business
- Experience creating technical and end user documentation
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment, specifically SAFe
- At least 2 years of experience working in a Data Engineer role preferred, but not required
If you are a qualified candidate interested in this opportunity, please apply. About Genesis10:
- Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked or Internet-related computer programs. (Code must be used in core version of applications available for sale commercially.)
- Interacts with product managers and/or users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications using current programming languages and technologies.
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Trains and communicates with internal Client Training, Client Relationship and Sales teams on systems application.
- May be responsible for developing or executing project plans, budgets and schedules and for documenting work and results.
- May deliver informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups to internal and/or external audiences.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at URL blocked - click to apply
“Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”