To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Donaldsonville, LA 70346
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CF Industries • Donaldsonville, LA
Posted 1 day ago
CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
Department:AH0164AF2A Plant Engineering
Function:Engineering and Engineering Services
Job Summary:The Instrumentation Engineer is responsible for a wide range of assigned activities which include scope definition for capital projects, execution of routine design and engineering to address problems and improve site operation, providing technical support to the I&E Maintenance Department, and providing support to Operations personnel. Work should be completed independently utilizing internal and external resources, including a contract E&I design staff, to provide solutions meeting stakeholder needs and consistent with departmental and site philosophy.
1. Instrumentation Design and Reliability
- Support Operations and Maintenance to commission, test, investigate, diagnose, and/or repair instrument and electrical equipment per individual task, project, or turnaround.
- Generate drawings in AutoCAD (loop drawings, logic diagrams, etc), technical specifications, and scope descriptions and/or utilize in-house designers to do the same to document jobs to allow for field implementation.
- Develop control loop narratives, loop diagrams, specification sheets, and installation guidelines to integrate new instrumentation systems or equipment with existing control systems.
- Perform primary and end element sizing, thermowell design analysis, and ensure installed equipment complies with the facility’s electrical area classification requirements.
- Assist with multi-discipline alarm management efforts, including alarm rationalization, prioritization, development of state based alarm schemes, and design/modification of alarm systems.
- Ensure designs meet plant specifications, standards, requirements and design codes. Ensures designs are technically correct, and implementation is performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and standards.
2. Manage Instrument and Electrical Documentation
- Support the engineering department’s responsibility for maintaining up to date piping and instrumentation drawings (P&IDs).
- Ensure documentation is generated in a timely fashion according to individual task, project, or turnaround schedule.
3. Capital Projects and Special Projects
- Work with stakeholders to identify improvements needed to E&I infrastructure to improve site safety and/or reliability and work toward obtaining approval to execute.
- Support Project Engineering by defining the detailed project scope needed to prepare funding requests and later during execution of capital projects.
- Ensure third party engineering contractors E&I work is compliant with code, will function correctly and reliably, is properly documented, and meets CF internal expectations.
- Maintain open and ongoing communication with supervision and Project Engineering on status and progress of work on assigned projects.
4. Personnel Supervision and Personal Development
- Maintain / Develop technical expertise in related areas (e.g. process instrumentation, analyzers, control systems, safety instrumented systems, etc.).
- Execute work with contract in-house design team, develop their capabilities, and provide feedback to supervision on design team performance.
5. Environmental, Health, and Safety
- Participate in HAZOP and LOPA studies as requested.
- Address Incident Investigation and HAZOP action items on schedule.
- Participate in the design and implementation of Safety Instrumented as needed to reduce operational risk.
- Actively engage in environmental, health, and safety activities associated with individualized job functions.
- Function as the CF Representative for certain contractors on-site, emphasizing compliance with site EHS policies and expectations.
- Support the corporate EHS Policy and Programs by incorporating the applicable requirements into designs. Continually evaluate ways to improve site safety.
Follows and ensures others are following established internal controls processes/procedures as designed. Works with Internal Controls Department to identify deficiencies in existing processes/procedures, the need for new ones, and the extent to which such processes/procedures are being followed. Develops and implements corrective actions with regard to department internal controls as necessary.
Successful applicants will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering from an accredited educational institution, Electrical Engineering preferred.
- At least three years of experience in a control system engineering, instrumentation engineering, or electrical engineering role in the petrochemical/chemical industry.
- Experience creating detailed E&I drawings in AutoCAD.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) required. Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with personnel of all backgrounds.
- The ability to acquire Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC).
- The ability to prove drug and alcohol free at random or for cause.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.