Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
*THIS POSITION WILL BE OPEN IN BOTH ORLANDO AND LAKELAND, FL*
As a member of the professional staff, contributes specialized knowledge and skill in a discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) area to support team and/or department business objectives. Generally works under limited supervision, but within established guidelines, producing and analyzing more complex business information to assist in the decision making process.
Specific Job Summary
The Technical Analyst is a member of the Service Delivery team within End User Technology, and reports to the Endpoint Service Delivery Manager. This position is located at our corporate office in Orlando, FL. This role is an individual contributor but partners with peers within the IT organization to meet deliverables.
This role shares responsibility for ensuring quality delivery of End User Technology services and solutions by implementing test strategies for and controlled deployments of packaged software, patches, operating systems, configurations, etc., and providing documentation, training, and communication to a global audience (primarily distributed L2 and L1 technicians).
CLS Generic Expected Contributions
- Performs more complex quantitative and qualitative analysis for business processes and/or projects. Often manages small projects, business processes or parts of larger ones.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on more complex/non-routine business requests with limited to moderate risk.
- Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results. May direct work of non-management staff.
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of business processes.
- providing training and technical guidance to less senior staff, where appropriate, and serving as point-of-contact for problem resolution.
- participating in setting department operating plans.
- recognizing and celebrating team successes.
- achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
Specific Expected Contributions
- Develop and implement test protocols and assist with introducing progressive testing concepts that focus on efficiency but sacrifice nothing on quality.
- Provide testing/validation, documentation, training, and communications that promote IT support staff readiness and global end-user satisfaction while avoiding negative impacts on end-user/business performance.
- Implement controlled deployment of operating systems, packaged software releases, and patch management.
- Identify defects and "confirmation of resolution" processes, ensuring that a standard approach is being followed throughout the larger End User Technology team.
- Provide training, documentation, and reinforcement of ITIL principles to other IT disciplines in support of the End User Technology team's objectives and to the betterment of the IT organization as a whole.
- Provide support for and contribute to endpoint lifecycle management discipline for timely delivery of new services.
- Evaluate new technologies for compatibility, security compliance, and "fit for use".
- Measure, monitor, and report on key metrics that reflect the performance of the larger End User Technology team with a focus on compliance to standards for the global technology environment.
- Create a sense of accountability within End User Technology team to foster a culture that "owns" all misses and uses them to drive future process improvements.
- Provide after-hours support when needed for change implementation and/or incident management.
CLS Generic Candidate Profile
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Generally a professional position with specific knowledge in a discipline (e.g., Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology). College degree and/or relevant experience typically required.
Specific Candidate Profile
- BS Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years Information Technology experience
- Software quality or business analysis experience preferred
- ITIL Foundation certification preferred
- Knowledge of common industry leading testing methodologies, with awareness of when and how to rely on them.
- Broad knowledge of end-user computing technologies (i.e. desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile devices, printers, etc.), operating systems (i.e. Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, etc.), and configuration/management systems (i.e. Active Directory, BigFix, Bomgar, SCCM, LANDesk, AirWatch, InTune, HP JetAdmin, MarkVision, Univflow, etc.).
- Technically able to understand complex systems and know how to develop tests for them.
- Impeccable communication skills are required. Adept at communicating to all levels of the organization and to a global audience through a wide range of formats (verbal, written, presentational, virtual, etc.).
- Proficient knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio) to analyze data, convey complex visual information to a diverse audience, and deliver end-user documentation.
- Able to work at a fast pace with others and with multiple project leaders.
- Experience testing and deploying COTS, custom, and SaaS products.
- Experience with work management tools (i.e. Cherwell, Service Now, CA, Jira, Zephry, etc.).
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.