To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Waukegan, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
AkzoNobel Inc • Waukegan, IL
Posted 21 days ago
BASIC PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Filter/fill products from manufacturing vessels to required containers as stated on the batch ticket for internal use and/or to sell to customers.
Filter and fill containers (2 oz bottles to 350 gallon totes) as required from the information on a batch ticket, as directed by a supervisor, or by the Standard Operating Procedure.
Set up the necessary filtering/filling equipment per SOP.
Follow Quality Control instructions for cleanliness checks and sampling.
Collect appropriate containers to fill batch, checking all containers for cleanliness.
Label appropriate containers as required from information on batch ticket.
Complete the required paperwork (filling checklist, move slip, equipment check list, fill tickets, etc.)
Collect and dispose of hazardous waste.
Collect and dispose of recycle items.
Responsible for working with co-worker to keep work areas clean and organized.
Comply with all HSE policies.
Other duties as assigned.
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Ability to walk or stand most of the shift
• Ability to do repetitive movements and sometimes may require lifting 55 lbs or more
• Must be able to follow written instructions acquired from a batch ticket
• Capable of wearing a respirator and passing a written and hands-on walkie/stacker test
PROBLEM SOLVING AND ANALYSIS:
1. Ability to calculate fill weights for different types of fills based on the actual weight per gallon.
2. Ability to calculate the yield of a batch based on the number of containers filled and how much material is in each container.
3. Calculate the correct number of containers needed based on information on a batch ticket.
• Fillers are the last people to see the product before it goes to the customer. This is why it is very important the every container is perfect inside and out. Everyday is a different challenge given the diverse batch sizes and large number of different containers.
• This position requires the incumbent to maintain an awareness of the relevance and importance of the above listed responsibilities and how they contribute to the achievement of quality objectives and customer satisfaction. The incumbent is expected to adhere to all rules for safety and health and to the site’s environmental policies, rules and regulations.