1545 Pidco Drive Plymouth Indiana 46563-1354
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
The CDL Drive/Material Handler position is an individual contributor in the PiRod Plymouth facility. This person must be a highly driven individual that will operate material handling equipment including machines like cranes, straddle truck, forklift, shag truck, and other material handling equipment. Additionally, this individual will match incoming parts to paper documents to verify part numbers, size, quantity, and inspect for damage.
- Responsible for adherence to internal company policies (i.e. Incident Reports, Drug Screening Policy, HR policies related to safety and compliance).
- Ensure compliance with and associate understanding of all DOT requirements including Hours of Service regulations and licensing.
- Ensure compliance with all OSHA regulations and state and local facility compliance ordinances.
- operate material handling equipment including machines like cranes, straddle truck, forklift, shag truck, and other material handling equipment.
- Match incoming parts to paper documents to verify part numbers, size, quantity, and inspect for damage.
- Observe and maintain all safety procedures, policies and regulations.
- Deliver to and pick-up loads from our galvanizer.
- Liason between our galvanizer and Valmont ensuring clear communication and understanding of schedule requirements and priorities.
- Pick-up and deliver purchased products and materials from vendors.
- Liason between our vendors and Valmont, ensuring clear communication and understanding of schedule requirements and priorities.
- Transport materials from one Valmont plant to another.
- Load trailers using a forklift or other material handling mechanisms.
- Perform pre- and post-inspections on trucks and document, as required by DOT regulations.
- Abide by all DOT regualations that app.
- Perform miscellaneous material handling.
- Other duties as required and/or assigned.
Important Details about the Role
- The employee is responsible for own work.
- Must be able to work with other employees to complete job.
- This position reports to the Production Supervisor.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- CDL license and/or the ability to acquire a CDL License, including successfully passing a DOT physical and drug screen.
- Demonstrated safe driving record, verified by a motor vehicle record screening.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have an acceptable attendance and prior employment record.
- Minimum 1 - 3 years of experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment operating industrial trucks and equipment.
- Strong hands-on working knowledge operating machines in a production environment.
- Ability to physically lift, push or pull up to a maximum of 50 pounds.
- Demonstrated strengths in interpersonal skills, including the ability to adapt and professionally communicate with a variety of people.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Part-time CDL Driver.
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Defensive Driving
- Forklift Truck
- Interpersonal Skills