To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
- Ada S. McKinley Community Services
- Phone: (312) 554-0600
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Ada S. McKinley Community Services • Chicago, IL
Posted 2 months ago
At Ada S. Mckinley we transform lives and strengthen communities. We are seeking talented individuals who will join us in furthering the mission of the agency which is to serve and bring lasting positive change to underprivileged communities in the Chicago area.
Our staff is our most valued asset and as such we offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits (medical, dental, vision, LTD, retirement, life insurance, PTO, paid holidays, and tuition reimbursement).
We currently have an opportunity available for a Teacher Assistant located with our Child Development and Youth Services division. Under the direction and supervision of the Lead Teacher, the Teacher Assistant assists in the implementation of an integrated curriculum that supports healthy development, early learning, and school readiness.
Duties may include but not limited to:
- Carries out the educational plan developed by the Teacher or plans and implements educational activities under the direction of the Teacher, or independently as needed.
- Observes and assesses children in collaboration with the Teacher.
- Maintains educational records and writes reports as directed by the Teachers.
- Attends Center meetings, including after work hour meetings.
- Maintains the physical order of the classroom, supplies and equipment.
- Maintains knowledge current in the field including, but not limited to, attending seminars, workshops, etc.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
Education: Associate of Arts degree in Early Childhood Education is required. Must possess certifications required by funding or regulatory bodies for the position.
Experience: Must demonstrate attitude and awareness that indicate cultural sensitivity to the client population served. Must be able to effectively coordinate with other team members, agency resources and outside services in addressing client needs.