To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sierra Vista, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Field Engineer - HelpDesk
CH2M & Jacobs • Sierra Vista, AZ
Posted 1 month ago
Jacobs is one of the worlds largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and construction services for industrial, commercial and government organizations globally. The company employs over 74,000 people and operates in more than 40 countries around the world.Jacobs Technology is seeking a Help Desk Technician (Engineering Technician IV) to support the Electronic Proving Ground (EPG) contract at Fort Huachuca, AZ.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answering phone calls and emails concerning computer-related issues and document the issue(s) by entering a service request or directing customers to submit a service request via Information Services portal.
- Remote into end users computers using Dame Ware tools to resolve software related issues.
- Address computer issues by physically visiting users desks. Research, investigate and resolve issues that cannot be remediated in the field.
- Responsible for configuring computers for use on the EPG network.
- Configure computers for tests and instrumentation purposes.
- Image computers by using SCCM imaging tool.
- Scan EPG computers for IA compliance prior to employees travel (TDY), ensuring all patches are up to date.
- Receive broken or old equipment for proper disposal or repair and redistribution.
- Salvage functioning computer parts and peripherals.
- Contact computer vendor to invoke warranty for computer repair service.
- Configure, manage, maintain a VTC system and associated conference rooms as well as set up VTC, meetings and bridge requests.
- Elevate complex systems issues to appropriate technical teams for resolution.
- Two (2) years of college and five (5) years of directly related experience, or a combination of education, certifications, and relevant experience for a total of seven (7) years. Progressive relevant training and/or certification in appropriate discipline may be substituted for one (1) year of the education or experience requirement.
- Security CE certification is required. Current A , Network , and/or CISSP is preferred. Formal Military or Civilian Network education/certificate. Experience administrating unclassified and classified network computers and peripheral equipment.
- Candidate must possess minimum of an active Interim Secret Clearance prior to start date.
- Possess a valid state Drivers License. Have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). Outside work may include various environmental conditions including warm and cold climates. Needs to be able to work well with co-workers, customer, and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions. Work site is located in Ft. Huachuca, AZ.
Exerts up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, or up to 5 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
AttendanceRegular hours will be between Monday - Friday 7:00am - 4:00pm. This is a 9/80 work schedule allowing for every other Friday off. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel to and from customers locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion. Must pass drug screen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>