About Covanta: Covanta is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Annually, Covanta’s modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to power one million homes and recycle approximately 500,000 tons of metal. Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today’s most complex environmental challenges. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director, Human Resources Business Partner .
Information on our facilities is available at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director, Human Resources Business Partner . For career opportunities, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director, Human Resources Business Partner . Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This Human Resources Director role provides strategic HR leadership and support for several Corporate Supply Chain functions, Metals Recovery and Transfer Stations. This role has responsibility for supporting the Transfer Stations Facilities with sites primarily based in US. This position reports to the Senior Director, Supply Chain Human Resources and is based in Morristown, NJ.
- Implement short-term and long-term people strategies to drive business growth and results.
- Align business and HR strategy.
- Lead key HR processes including talent development, succession planning, talent acquisition, performance management, and compensation planning with support from the HR Centers of Excellence (COE).
- Manage talent acquisition, assessment, development, and retention.
- Drive organizational effectiveness and change initiatives.
- Create an environment of positive employee relations; balance business needs with employee needs, establish trust and credibility with employees and be seen as approachable and fair.
- Role model safety leadership.
- Understand and analyze trends and metrics; develop and implement solutions, programs and policies in partnership with HR COEs.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, succession planning.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required.
- Identify learning and development needs in client base and identify/ recommend solutions as needed.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 7 years of HR experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience in complex, global organizations preferred.
- Experience supporting multiple facilities.
- Experience leading remote teams.
- Master’s Degree preferred
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, talent acquisition, employee relations, diversity, talent management, talent development, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws.
- Is a self-starter; identifies opportunities and offers solutions to problems.
- Excellent client management and business literacy skills.
- Ability to effectively influence.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Effectively develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement focus.
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Be flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels.
- Take initiative to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation.
- 35% travel
(Internal Code: *LI-COV)