Credit Analyst I
Robert Half is seeking a Credit Analyst I who reports to the Director, Credit & Collections, the National Credit/Risk Manager and they are responsible for providing strategic direction, management, and leadership for a centralized Corporate Credit Risk Assessment (CRA) function that is based in San Ramon California. This position provides oversight to a team of Credit Analysts. The position is responsible for mitigating RH's credit and operational risks; and is charged with development; review/update, training, communication and implementation of credit risk management and assessment policies and procedures while servicing the North American client base.
This position ensures and monitors compliance of corporate credit policies and procedures, supports and promotes value-added services through credit risk centralization, standardization of policies and practices, enforcement of best practices and innovation and utilization of efficient and appropriate scoring tools and technology. The National Credit/Risk Manager and team will recommend, approve, or decline customer override credit limits, and communicate/document rationale for senior management decision.
The National Credit/Risk Manager adheres to and monitors audit controls and other regulatory requirements, such as Sarbanes Oxley and State, Federal or national compliance. This position reviews, evaluates and/or approves the credit risk decisions of his/her subordinates; per the corporate signature grid.
This position also prepares financial analysis, seeks and researches industry-specific data, and presents summaries of findings to the Vice President, Credit and Collections and other RHI organizational units/ Executive Management as required. This position manages various projects as assigned.
Specific responsibilities include:
Customer Service / Drive
- Establish new customer credit limits in support of RHI’s credit Pre-Approval/Major Account (RFP/renewal/amendments) process. Evaluate and approve potential increases to credit limit thresholds for existing customers including those listed on the Daily Over Credit Limit Report and the Credit Limit Expiration Report. Analyze and interpret financial data including financial statements to assess credit worthiness. Recommend appropriate credit limits on accounts above pre-approved limits by applying formulated financial risk guidelines, formalize supporting documentation for senior management review/approval. Identify and communicate areas of risk in a timely manner. Handles special projects as required.
- Monitor assigned accounts for financial changes using commercial credit bureau data such as D&B, Equifax and Credit Risk Monitor. Update account data accordingly and furnish updated information to internal clients as required. Review and analyze D&B linkage data. Research and investigate accounts in question and present findings. Document credit decisions and other communications within PeopleSoft. Adhere to RH Corporate policies and procedures, audit controls, other regulatory requirements such as Sarbanes Oxley and other state, federal, or national compliance as required.
- Make recommendations about credit and/or risk management processes to improve department operations.
- Interacts with and services the RHI Credit and Collection organization and provides information, guidance, education, and recommendations pertaining to potential and existing customer credit issues.
- Associates Degree in Business/Finance, Accounting or equivalent experience.
- 1 to 2 years of commercial credit risk experience.
- Basic financial analysis experience required.
- Ability to interpret financial data, summarize and make recommendations. Proficient in utilizing technology such as Microsoft Office and Skype for Business. PeopleSoft knowledge preferred. Knowledge of 10 key and basic math. Knowledge of and experience with commercial credit bureau data such as D&B, Equifax and Credit Risk Monitor. Ability to perform investigative searches on the World Wide Web.
- Impactful communication skills, oral, written, interpersonal. Ability to work in a high transactional environment. Ability to meet deadlines, synthesize information, maintain relationships, apply standards consistently.
Ability to work independently and with others. Ability to negotiate and execute decisions within assigned level of authority. Drive and ambition to grow within the organization.
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to Email blocked - click to apply for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to: Corporate Staffing Robert Half 2613 Camino Ramon San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
CA SAN RAMON CORP
BOSTON, DEER PARK, TORONTO
Clinical Research Associate