Genesis Alkali is the world’s largest natural soda ash mine and production site, offering a secure, reliable and diverse range of high-quality product choices. Alkali mines and processes trona ore and manufactures soda ash that is used in the production of glass, detergents, chemical manufacturing, pulp and paper production, and water treatment. It also produces sodium bicarbonate and other chemical compounds used in common industrial, agricultural, and household applications. Our main Alkali operations are in Green River, Wyoming, home of the world's largest trona ore deposit, with a corporate office in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Genesis Alkali, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Genesis Energy, L.P., (NYSE: GEL). Genesis Energy is a growth-oriented master limited partnership headquartered in Houston, Texas. Through four divisions: offshore pipeline transportation, sodium minerals and sulfur services, marine transportation and onshore facilities and transportation, we provide an integrated suite of services to refineries, oil producers, and industrial and commercial enterprises. For more information visit URL blocked - click to apply or URL blocked - click to apply.
Why Join Genesis Alkali?
- World class operations offering a wide variety of challenges
- Opportunity for technical and managerial progression
- Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, Vision, Flexible Spending (Medical and Dependent Care) and Health Savings Accounts, and Pre-paid Legal, beginning first day of employment; company funds a portion of HSA
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan – Company makes Safe Harbor matching contributions (fully vested) of 100% up to the first 5% of eligible pay you contribute; additionally, Company makes discretionary contributions (three year vesting) of 5% of eligible pay, for a total of 10% Company contributions
- Tuition reimbursement program covering 100% of approved courses based on academic performance
Title: Sr. Process Engineer
Location: Green River, WY
Position Summary: The Senior Process Engineer is a critical role for our Green River, WY facility. The person needed to in this role is a true steward of process, design and safety. A leader that leads by example and understands how to support customers, leaders, and ever changing environments.
The Senior Process Engineer is involved in a wide variety of tasks to support the process technology needs of the business. A typical day might include process design package development to support capital projects, investigation and development of new technologies, process optimization, long range plan development, understanding competitive technologies and costs, conducting project hazard reviews, providing technical support to customers, developing new product applications, or leading implementation of a project.
This position will be based at the Genesis Alkali Green River, WY operations, the world largest natural soda ash manufacturing facility, including 4 soda ash manufacturing plants, a sodium bicarbonate manufacturing plant, a caustic soda manufacturing plant, coal fired boilers with electrical co-generation, underground dry mining operations, and water-based solution mining operations.
The Senior Process Engineer will design and implement improvements to the chemical manufacturing, refining, mining, and utilities processes for the Genesis Alkali business. The Senior Process Engineer will typically be involved in a wide variety of tasks to support the process technology needs of the business.
- Execute process design package development
- Develop process design package for capital projects
- Process execution of Process Hazard Analyses for capital projects
- Customer technical support needs
- Plant support (chemical and process expertise)
- Mentoring new process engineers
- Technical documentation
- Additional duties may be assigned
- Improve processes and products
- Provide chemical process support to plant areas
- Interact with Minerals Technology Group
- Assist in performing root cause analyses
- Monitor and report lake level and composition
- Involved in muds team
- Facilitate process improvement and leadership skills
- Train/teach operations about new projects
- Conduct safety hazards reviews
- Conduct bench and plant testing (materials, additives, process modifications, etc.)
- Teach technical and process related classes
- Perform technical and economic evaluations of alternative processes, additives, etc.
- Identify and develop process control mechanisms
- Develop solutions to process problems
- Assist plant areas in development of short- and long-term technical plans
- Lead process engineering teams consisting of technology group and plant process engineers
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS Degree in Engineering or Chemistry, Chemical Engineering strongly preferred, from an accredited four-year college or university
- 8 years of experience process engineering experience in a large scale industrial/chemical processing environment
- Intermediate/ MS Office skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 15 years of experience process engineering experience in a large scale industrial/chemical processing environment
- Lean Sigma Capabilities (Black Belt)
- Demonstrated project management skills and/or coal fired boiler experience desired
Genesis Alkali is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or citizenship.