Top reasons to work for Bimbo Bakeries US:
- Competitive starting pay $$
- Medical/dental and vision available with low premiums
- Retirement Plan Available
- Paid vacation and Holidays
- BBU specific wellness program available to participate in
- Growth Opportunities
The Part-time Shipping Associate will be responsible for several distribution activities. Candidates must be willing and able to work in a multi-task environment. Candidates must be able to safely and accurately operate warehouse equipment as assigned by management.
Responsibilities may include the following:
- Responsible for working safely at all times
- Duties may vary depending on distribution department needs.
Unloading: (duties assigned by the shift foreperson)
- Insuring that trailers are safely docked to the doors and are safe to unload and load trailer.
- Remove load bars and place into proper locations.
- Inspection of incoming merchandise and ensuring merchandise is free from damage, comparing items with freight bills and purchase orders for accurate receipt of merchandise.
- This includes product form Bakeries, Depots, and imports.
- Placing merchandise into proper staging areas for pre-dispatch or cross docking.
- Dispatching merchandise through PC Data and placing it into proper areas to be loaded or picked in PC Data.
- Verifying that units match the items that are going to be picked through PDC Data.
- Accurately filling orders for depots through the process of PC Data in both streets 1 and 2.
- Properly stacking and tagging merchandise so that is ready to be shipped.
- Placing picked units into designated areas so they are able to be transported.
- Insuring that trailer is safe for loading. Trailer is docked properly, loading ramp is engaged and trailer is safe to enter.
- Moving picked and dispatched merchandise into trailers
- Making sure that merchandise is scanned into the proper trailers
- Verifying with merchandise tag for proper sales date and shipping destination.
- Accurately placing Dispatched merchandise into proper locations that have been labeled for the Fresno Depots as well as Fresno Imports.
- Verifying sales dates and location with merchandise tags
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Preferred
- Must have 1-3 years of shipping or warehouse experience
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs. overhead
- Must be able to push/pull a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must possess basic math and computer skills
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, climb, lift, etc.
- Must be able to follow written instructions in English
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
General Office Associate
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: req11294
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
A leader in the baking industry, we are known for our category-leading brands, innovative products, freshness and quality. Our team of more than 27,000 U.S. associates operate bakeries across the United States to bring leading brands such as Arnold®, BallPark®, Bimbo®, Boboli®, Brownberry®, Entenmann's®, Francisco®, Freihofer's®, Marinela®, Oroweat®, Sara Lee®, Stroehmann®, Thomas'®, Mrs Baird’s ® and Tia Rosa® to customers and consumers in every city, town and village in America.
View the full profile
As bakers, every morning we rise to meet the opportunity to bake the freshest, highest-quality products, serve our customers and learn from one another. You can see our work, across America, every day. It is at breakfast tables, in children’s lunch boxes, and in kitchens at night, where families come together to share their evening. Our work is baked into life, every meal, every day.
It is because of our people that we have winning brands and exceptional products. We want you to bring your dedication and enthusiasm to work at Bimbo Bakeries USA!