Join our Developmental Disabilities Team in Opening Doors to Independence.
We are currently seeking a bilingual (Spanish - English ) Program Director for our Palmer Ave Program in the Bronx.
The Program Director is responsible for ensuring the overall effective operation of the facility in accordance with applicable Federal and State regulations, Agency policies and procedures, and union contracts.
- Day-to-day administrative functions within the facility relative to implementation of SUS policies and procedures, union contracts and regulatory requirements as set forth by funding agents
- Directly supervise the Assistant Program Manager on a weekly schedule or as needed.
- Monitor overall consumer care, ensuring needs are met as required/ prescribed through documented weekly observations of supervisors and program specialists’ implementation of active treatment and strict adherence to Part 633 - Client Rights.
- Execute agency, state and federal requirements pertaining to custodianship of consumer funds within the facility, including the preparation and submission of weekly account summaries.
- Complete all individual client ledger sheets for in-house accounts on a weekly basis, i.e. posting of deposits, withdrawals and receipts.
- Conduct at least monthly physical plant inspections with documentation of findings.
- Ensure strict adherence to OPWDD Part 624 - Incident Reporting Procedures, including reviewing all incidents, conducting any necessary investigations, and making necessary notifications
- Provide staff training in the areas of agency policy and procedure, OSHA regulations, physical plant issues and fire safety
- Attend all program surveys and, in conjunction with the Clinical Supervisor or senior management, formulate and prepare a written plan of corrective action for program audits and ensure follow-through
- Meet with clinical staff on a regular and timely basis to ensure that program objectives, treatment techniques and policy implementation are being carried out.
- Work with Central office Human Resources, Fiscal Department and Operations to ensure staffing, equipment, materials and supplies are appropriate and sufficient to guarantee the therapeutic and general well-being of the consumer population.
- Ensure that the facility and services provided adequately meet the physical, social and developmental needs of all clients and that there is adequate protection of each consumer’s health, safety, comfort, well-being, civil, human and legal rights.
- Be available twenty-four hours for emergencies, consultations etc. through assigned beeper
- Responsible for the quality of record keeping and charting and meeting standards as prescribed by agency, State and Federal guidelines.
Benefits Overview: We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Bilingual Required. Spanish
- Associate’s Degree in Human Services or related field required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years progressive supervisory experience in MR/DD or related field
- CPR/First Aid certified, AMAP certified SCIP-R training.
- Valid NYS Driver’s license and must be able to pass insurance criteria
Services for the UnderServed (S:US) believes every New Yorker has the right to lead a life of purpose. Since 1978, S:US has been turning this belief into reality by advocating for people with life circumstances marked by homelessness, intellectual/developmental disability, behavioral health and addiction challenges, poverty, criminal justice involvement, and trauma. Our dedicated workforce of 2,400 provides services and supports to transform the lives of 35,000 individuals and families in New York City and Long Island.
SUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Solving Constraint Integer Programs