JOIN THE TEAM THAT'S POWERING PROGRESS
Building cities. Driving commerce. Saving lives. For over 100 years, Allison Transmission has powered the vehicles and technology that move our world forward.
What powers us? Our employees. From the first person hired by James Allison in 1915 to the thousands across the globe who work for Allison today, we're driving progress everywhere because we employ top talent worldwide.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin driving your career forward!
Electronic Controls Engineer
As an Electronic Controls Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development, and validation of embedded control systems in conventional, electric, or hybrid-electric powertrain applications. You will work cross functionally and with a team in order to develop new technologies while also improving current technologies.
* Build and develop electronic control system requirements and specifications for transmission and conventional or electric powertrain applications
* Design, develop, and implement new features and products
* Create and maintain control system DFMEAs
* Develop and execute control system verification and validation plans
* Define critical control system interfaces with other vehicle components
* Utilize and expand standard (J1939) and proprietary CAN communication protocols
* Collaborate with internal and external customers to optimize system integration
* Oversee control system issues including system level troubleshooting and identification of problems
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Controls Engineering or equivalent experience
* Experience with control system design and development
* Knowledge or experience with product design and development
* Experience with MATLAB/Simulink, C/C++, DFMEA, vehicle networks (CAN)
* Master's Degree
* Demonstrated, hands-on experience with design, implementation, problem solving, and validating complex control software for Embedded Systems
* Prior experience working Powertrain or Vehicle Embedded Control Systems in automotive, aerospace, marine, agriculture, or construction industries.
* Experience with Functional Safety (ISO 26262)
Allison Transmission is an equal opportunity employer. We have opportunities for all qualified applicants regardless of age, race, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran requiring assistance and/or reasonable accommodations reviewing any of the careers information, please contact us at
Please note that Allison Transmission will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Allison Transmission will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
- Aerospace Industries
- Automotive Industry
- C++ (Programming Language)
- Control Systems