Working at Covenant Eyes is about something bigger than creating and selling software; it's about creating a movement and changing culture. At the end of the day, you are contributing to saving a marriage, protecting a child's innocence, strengthening a commitment to purity, and working to end sexual exploitation.
Covenant Eyes is a 100% Employee Owned company and constantly growing. We've made Inc.com's Fortune 5000 Fastest Growing Companies for 10 years running & 11 out of the last 12. This growth presents a number of opportunities for working in various technologies as well as career advancement. We offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages that start day-one of employment.
* Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance options
* Company paid life insurance
* Generous time off (including getting extra time off or pay for your birthday!)
* 401K with company matching
As a company focused on restoring relationships we take our families seriously. We believe in hard work, but we believe in balance too. Our first jobs are to our families, and we know that work-life balance is critical. We embrace remote work and offer flexible work hours and PTO.
The combination of competitive compensation, family atmosphere, low turnover, and a people-first culture make this an excellent place to work. We are proud to have been named #2 in Mid-Sized company category of Michigan Top Workplaces 2021 (according to Detroit Free Press) and our Founder and CEO, Ron DeHaas, was also mentioned as a top leader by the Detroit Free Press
Who we're looking for
We're looking for a talented, highly skilled, and highly motivated Senior iOS Developer. Living and working in a culture that is more concerned about personal privacy than personal accountability presents great challenges for us and, most importantly, for our members. This is also true with the technology stacks we all use every day, especially the ones that sit right in our pockets. At the peak of that daunting mountain is iOS.
This landscape presents great challenges for us and we need great people with the talent, skill, and desire to take on those challenges. Someone looking to make a positive impact that has an eye toward innovation. Pornography is corrupting hundreds of millions of people. Our goal is to change culture such that people can break free from pornography or never start using it. We don't need "just a developer." We need someone to build innovative solutions with us that are effective in helping to free people from pornography, work to rebuild trust, and make families strong. One person at a time. One family at a time.
You will be joining a highly skilled team of development and quality assurance staff and collaborate regularly with UI/UX designers to build and expand our applications and services. A team that focuses on providing solutions to optimize performance, scalability, security protocols, and reporting capabilities. A team that is committed to personal and professional growth, learning new technologies, and a passion for excellence.
We're picky about who we bring into the Covenant Eyes family. We're looking for people who are picky about the family they join. If that excites you, we would love to hear from you!
As a Senior iOS Developer, we're not just looking for someone that can write good code on iOS. We want someone that had a deep understanding of the platform that can not just contribute, but also help drive innovation to provide world-class accountability for our Members and their Allies. We want someone with an eye for architecture and good general development practices. We want someone that can lead and mentor others in the same.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or closely related field) or equivalent work experience
* You have contributed to the design, architecture, and development of native apps that are elegant, efficient, secure, highly available, and maintainable.
* You have a passion for creating software with excellence and innovation.
* You are self-motivated and able to collaborate with a diverse set of people from many disciplines.
* You have a deep understanding of Apple's design principles and interface guidelines as well as the challenges navigating their ecosystem.
* You have demonstrated experience with Swift, Objective-C, UIKit, CoreData, and Dispatch (GCD).
* Knowledge of code versioning such as GitHub
* Knowledge of testing and debugging tools for mobile applications
* Experience working as part of an Agile team
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
* Desire to lead and mentor others
Would also be great if you had:
* C++ experience
* Experience with test-driven development
* Experience with Design/UX and User Interface implementation
* History of having applications posted in the Apple App Store (include a link if you have)
* Experience with CI/CD
* Experience performing code reviews, particularly reviewing others' code
* Network Extensions or general network packet handling, e.g. DNS or UDP
* Backend and native device APIs
This position is offered as a full-time remote position, and we are flexible in our work-day, but it is our company expectation that you would be available to your team most of the work day for best collaboration. Covenant Eyes is located in the Eastern Time Zone as are most of the staff. Thus, maintaining consistent overlap with a core of 10am to 3pm Eastern time would be expected.
- Agile Methodology
- App Store (Ios)
- C++ (Programming Language)