You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Ready Mix Driver - Webb Road
Operate Ready Mix truck in a safe and efficient manner adhering to Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations.
- Performs daily preventative maintenance, record and inspection on vehicles to include fueling, cleaning, tire/light inspection, checking and adding fluids as needed.
- Changes flat tires as needed.
- Uses water hoses to clean mixer between loads.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- Assist maintenance with repairs as needed.
- Visually inspect the consistency of concrete in mixer.
- Communicates and directs coworkers verbally either directly, through two-way radio or hand signals.
- Provides appropriate documentation on delivery tickets.
- Ensures all delivery tickets are signed and returned.
- Exercise good judgment regarding work site access, unloading and operation to and from work site.
- Maintain good customer relations. Act in a professional, courteous manner.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Assists in training of co-workers as needed.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of lock out/tag out procedures.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Rules and Regulations and assures facility compliance with OSHA, DOT, EPA and other regulatory agencies.
- Required to follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Possess a Class B Commercial Drivers’ License (CDL), or better. One-year experience operating diesel tandem trucks and/or Ready Mix truck driving experience preferred
- Possess a safe driving record
- Maintain an active DOT qualification
- Read, write and communicate in English
- Ability to perform well in a “TEAM” environment
- Ability to climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged standing/walking, balance, bend from trunk, crawl, kneel, push and pull objects.
- Demonstrate neck range of motion within normal limits (flexion and extension 60°, lateral flexion 40° and rotation 70°)
- Lift objects of various dimensions and weights.
- Ability to operate hand controls with both hands.
- Ability to operate foot pedals with both feet.
- Ability to perform sustained overhead reaching.
- Ability to use vibration tools.
- Ability to tolerate working outdoors in all environmental temperatures and weather.
- Ability to work in areas with the potential for high noise levels.
- Ability to tolerate working at heights up to 9 feet.
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Customer Relationship Management
- Defensive Driving
- Hand Signals
- Preventive Maintenance
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g342ga0
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.