Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Our Sr. Controls Engineer will develop automation solutions and participate in various phases of automation projects including creating design specifications, software configuration and testing, as well as commissioning and start-up of a variety of high speed and other automated manufacturing processes. The ideal candidate will have a track record of proficiency with client relationships, control systems, troubleshooting and high intensity environments.
- Create and design automation control systems and create project documentation and drawings to meet client requirements.
- Diagnose automation problems and interact with teams, clients and vendors.
- Configure software and hardware packages according to client design specification.
- Program PLCs (Allen-Bradley, Rockwell) and HMI / SCADAs (FactoryTalk, Cimplicity, Wonderware, Ignition)
- Communicate with project stakeholders the progress relative to plan
- Manage engineering projects as assigned
- Manage project deliverables to agreed schedule and scope
- Manage site construction and installation
- Manage site start-up support of integrated control systems
- Validate and commission facility systems following established execution protocols and ensure a successful turnover of the system to the customer.
- 8+ years’ of direct experience as a controls engineer working on automated processes/system integration in a Food, Beverage, Consumer Health Product or other industrial manufacturing environment.
- Experience creating and designing automation controls systems (PLC, SCADA)
- Solid understanding of industrial control panel design and fabrication (UL508A).
- Solid understanding of instrumentation and controls (I&C).
- A solid understanding of engineering documentation such as P&IDs, process flow diagrams and standard operating procedures.
- Experience with field instrumentation, control system installation and configuration.
- Familiarity with machine safety applications, electrical power distribution and control panel design.
- Proficient with written and verbal technical communication including generating reports and conducting group presentations.
- Willingness to travel to support project installation and start-up activities, attend client meetings, management meetings, company sponsored training and industry related seminars, forums or conventions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or similar degree preferred
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
- Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (Scada)
- Human Computer Interaction
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Computer Control Systems