Sr. Manager, Local Government Relations – Northeast
Bloom Energy faces an unprecedented opportunity to change the world and the way energy is generated and delivered. Our mission is to make clean, reliable energy affordable globally. Bloom’s Energy Server delivers highly reliable and resilient, always-on electric power that is clean, cost-effective, and ideal for micro grid applications. We are helping our customers power their operations without disruption and combustion.
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Local Government Relations to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technology sectors. This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today’s most exciting clean energy companies. This position will have responsibilities for interacting with and advocating before local governments across the company’s east coast markets. The position will report to the VP, Policy.
Location: This position will be based in the Northeast, USA.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage community, public, and government relations strategic and tactical plans to support Bloom Energy’s growth with an initial focus on the northeast.
- Serve as an immediate point of contact for state and local government officials, business and community organizations.
- Form strategic alliances with individuals and groups related to local governments.
- Develop community and public relations partnerships with support of corporate communications and government affairs
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications on public relations programs and activities
- Act as a champion of Bloom Energy in a variety of different settings both public and private
- Work in concert with the Policy Team to address regulatory obstacles and improve the customer value proposition across east coast states
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years of work experience
- Significant public, government and community relations experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Strong understanding of government, business, civic, and political stakeholders in the region
- Strong understanding of the energy sector, including utility/regulatory issues preferred
- Ability to grasp complicated technical concepts and translate to a general audience in a compelling, succinct manner
- Ability to think, communicate and act both strategically and creatively
- Strong self-starter who is a team player and can work independently
- Passion to be part of a team that aspires to change the way that energy is produced, distributed and consumed and for making energy sources cleaner and more resilient
- Drive for quick results with vision to see how long term strategies must unfold
- A strong desire to challenge and change the status quo
About Bloom Energy:
At Bloom Energy, we support the move toward a 100% renewable future and our fuel-flexible technology offers one of the most resilient electricity solutions for a world facing unacceptable levels of power disruptions. Our resilient platform has proven itself by powering through hurricanes, earthquakes, forest fires, extreme heat and utility failures. Unlike backup generators, our fuel cells create no harmful local air pollutants. At the same time, Bloom is at the forefront of the transition to renewable fuels like hydrogen and biogas with new hydrogen power generation and electrolyzer solutions. Our customers include but are not limited to; manufacturing, data centers, healthcare, retail, low-income housing, colleges, and more! For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.