$20.00 to $22.00 hourly
We are currently seeking Collections candidates who are self-starting and detail-oriented. This is a long-term contract / temporary Collections position and is based in the Charleston, South Carolina area. Robert Half is partnering with a growing Wholesale Distribution company who is seeking an Collections to join the accounting team. You will thrive in this Collections position if you are able to enter, post and reconcile batches, research and resolve customer A/R issues, prepare aging report, place billing and collection calls, maintain cash receipts journal, update, and reconcile sub-ledger to G/L. This is a great match for a candidate looking for career growth potential, and who is capable of processing 200+ invoices per week.
- Pinpoint delinquent customer accounts through various means, e.g. written correspondence, phone contact, skip-tracing, and making arrangements for payment
- Help resolve payment issues by contacting clients, assist in setting up payment plans
- Square bank accounts, posting and balancing financial data in diverse ledgers
- Present information, as requested to shippers, customers, the sales/marketing department and other stakeholders
- Communicate, reinforce, and support the values, culture, and mission of the organization
- Perform a variety of basic accounting tasks in accordance with standard procedures, including general accounting tasks
- Process payments and compile segments of annual reports and monthly closings in compliance with GAAP
- Confirm documents and codes
- Analytical skills in basic accounts receivable and accounting policy
- Proficient in ERP systems
- AA or BS/BA degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- Data entry experience required
- Deep understanding of billing
- Accounts Receivable (AR) experience
- Foundational knowledge in Billing Collection
- Dependability in Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills in particular
- 2+ years of relevant experience in accounts receivable
- High attention to detail and possesses excellent organizational and writing skills
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Accounts Receivable Clerk and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at
. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Accounts Receivable Clerk
for more information.
- Accounts Receivable
- Attention To Detail
- Data Entry