To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Antonio, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Oracle DBA - Minnetonka, MN or San Antonio, TX
UnitedHealth Group • San Antonio, TX
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
With all the opportunities out there, what’s the best way to raise your game and up your impact? Put yourself on a team that’s doing incredible things with data to create incredible health care solutions across the globe. That’s no small thing. In fact it’s all about big data and big ideas. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, has more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere. As an IT Database Specialist, you’ll work with state-of-the-art relational database technologies and be part of a team that’s developing mission critical applications and systems. You’ll be responsible for the design, implementation, support and maintenance of all functions of relational database systems. As you do, you’ll be helping to make the world a smarter, healthier place.
- Partner with project teams and interact with customers to find solutions for projects and operational issues for existing and proposed databases
- Design storage strategies around backup and recovery for complex database environments, physical structures and specialized database applications/systems
- Act as a liaison serving as primary point of contact between application business segments and database administrators
- Identify and initiate resolutions to user problems and concerns associated with database server equipment (hardware and software)
- Know that this opportunity comes with big potential and big challenges. It’s a fast paced team that includes some of the top minds and most intensely focused technology professionals in the business. You’ll be expected to work cross functionally bringing smart ideas and solutions through design, implementation, support and maintenance
We are a company that is on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience as an Oracle DBA
- 5+ years of experience with RAC and performance tuning
- 2+ years of experience supporting a large enterprise data warehouse system (50 TB or more)
- 1+ years of experience with data integration / replication (Golden Gate or ExaData)
- SQL Experience
- Prior Healthcare
If you’re the kind of coder who wants to bring it to a new level every day, bring yourself over to Optum. We are a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Oracle, DBA, RAC, data warehousing, data integration, Golden Gate or ExaData, San Antonio, TX, Minnetonka, MN