To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Manager, B2B Partner
The NPD Group • San Diego, CA
Posted 2 days ago
Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world’s most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today’s market trends while anticipating tomorrow’s. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
Our B2B Technology Partner team is seeking a Manager who is responsible for building relationships with multiple B2B Technology Partners, providing them with market insights and identifying areas of opportunity for market growth. Reporting directly to the B2B Tech Partner Executive Director, your main missions will be the following:
- Provide added and actionable insights regarding the partners most important business issues/needs/strategies. Prepare and deliver impactful and engaging presentations that weave NPD data sources together. Develop executive level reports for the partner.
- Build strategic relationships within the partner’s business while managing and cultivating your network within their organization to include a broader mix of end-users.
- Develop a keen understanding of their organization/strategies and use this knowledge to create new business opportunities
- Identify new revenue streams within the partner’s business and develop approaches to expand and enhance the product and service offerings to meet their needs and fill gaps.
- You partner with cross-functional departments and teams to ensure success for the business to develop insight solutions to the B2B partner’s issues.
- Deliver revenue growth for assigned clients within the Commercial Practice Area.
- Demonstrate usage of sales-out data to objectively work with partners to help them grow their business and gain market share.
- Provide recommendations to leadership teams and product management teams, on matters such as promotional success, strategic brand management, and product line cards, based on market research analysis.
- Understand the dynamics of each client’s organization and penetrate the account base to identify applications for NPD products and services.
- Manage the contract negotiation process with clients in order to achieve/exceed revenue objectives.
- Must also develop a strong comprehension of how the client and manufacturer/partner relationships can be applied to assist partners in obtaining market share and growth profitability while also advancing NPD’s reputation, positioning and growth.
- Partner with cross-functional departments and teams to ensure success for the business.
- Manage contract negations and deliver revenue growth for assigned clients.
- Manage new and existing sales data information received from partners and make sure new information is received by the appropriate internal teams.
- Position will have an account specialist reporting directly to them
- Typical travel 20%-25%
- Position is open to location, preferred location NPD Port Washington or San Diego offices. Could be open to other locations based on experience.
What we expect from you?
- You’re a passionate, dynamic, and highly motivated individual who’s looking for an opportunity to have an impact on some of the most well-known companies in the world.
- You are excited about technology, the channels of distribution and keep up with recent technology trends and events.
- You have an educational background in Business or Marketing, and at least 3-5 years’ experience with 2 years of experience within the technology industry. You have a solid knowledge of Point-of-Sales information
- Candidates must possess a "can-do" perspective in their professional attitude. They will be detail oriented and demonstrate a strong work ethic. They will be sticklers for accuracy in their own work as well as their colleagues. They will be ready to back up their assertions with facts.
- Driven, results oriented, you are eager to take up a challenge coupled with a high level of client servicing and account management.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You demonstrate the ability to weave together diverse data sets into succinct, cohesive and impactful stories.
- With a collaborative approach to work, you are able to work and interface with teams in a matrix organization; you have the ability to network in the professional and industry environment.
- Overall we are looking an enthusiastic and innovative person with a real passion & knowledge for the technology industry.
- You have a strong command of MS Office (Excel, PPT)
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.