One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a start up to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America's Top 500 Public Companies.
Our Operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and the equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
The Horsham Clinic is seeking a dynamic and talented Patient Account Representative
The Horsham Clinic is a 206 bed private behavioral healthcare facility located on a beautiful 55-acre suburban campus. We are minutes from Philadelphia and we serve Southeastern Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The Horsham Clinic provides comprehensive behavioral health services to children, adolescents, adults, and their families. Programs and services are located on the main campus in Ambler, Pennsylvania, as well as satellite day hospital programs in Pennsylvania, Delaware County, and Chester County. We offer competitive rates, excellent benefits (after 30 days), 401(k) tuition reimbursement& PTO. If you are interested in becoming part of a well-respected industry leader, then we invite you send your resume.
The Patient Account Representative is responsible for knowing all pieces of the billing cycle and following up on claims billed through Medseries IV and Emdeon. This position is responsible for the proper and timely entry of billings for Commercial payers and Managed Medicare payers. The Patient Account Representative will provide excellent customer service when answering questions and finding resolutions to billing issues. This position also works closely with the admissions department to pro-actively resolve and prevent billing errors. The representative will accurately verify patient eligibility via the internet and review and update any information in the account. The Patient account representative will also ways practice HIPPA guidelines and confidentiality about a patients information.
- 2-3 years experience in Medical Billing
- High School Diploma
- Experience with Emdeon preferred
- Ability to effectively process error free data entry
- Experience with Managed Medicare, Medicare and Commercial Payers
- Experience in Accounts Receivable
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and organize duties and pay attention to detail
- Highly Developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify problems and find solutions
- Ability to follow directions and carry out projects independently
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively within the department and with external customers
- Proficiency with common computer based applications such as electronic mail, word processing and various databases
Attention To Detail