Human Resources Assistant / Administrator
Monday-Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The HR Assistant is responsible for day-to-day operations of HR by providing support to both manufacturing & administration. The HR Assistant/Admin will have responsibilities for payroll, benefits communication, employee relations programs, training programs, record keeping/filing, reporting, On/Off-boarding of core and temporary employees and Orientations. This position also provides support to corporate Human Resources as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- One of two primary point of contacts for employees.
- Process payroll and maintain payroll information as required.
- Prepare and maintain payroll records and reports.
- Document workflow and work procedures. Primarily keeping spreadsheets and documentation up to date.
- Process employee benefit enrollment and terminations as required.
- Administer paid time off, PTO and attendance policies.
- Provide support for payroll (Invoice management, AP/AR).
- Prepare and maintain standard and ad hoc reports as needed.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to human resources, administration, and manufacturing.
- Distribute routine written correspondence from human resources.
- Manage automated timekeeping system to track work hours and attendance.
- Conduct recruitment efforts for all exempt, nonexempt personnel, and temporary employees; conduct new-employee orientations; write and place advertisements.
- Run errands if needed.
- See to executives and visitors when present on-site.
- Other duties as assigned
Ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Knowledge of basic HR principles & practices.
- Payroll experience. Basic required
- Strong MS Office Skills with intermediate skills in Excel.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Must excel in a FAST PACED, CHANGING Environment.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to manage sensitive & confidential situations.
- Excellent organizational skills
- SELF-MOTIVATED and seeks out next task rather than being told what to do.
- Knowledge of ERP systems & HRIS systems a plus.
- Looking for more than just a 'job'.
- Problem solving.
Ideal candidate will have an outgoing personality and a desire to learn, improve and move up in the organization.