Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Warehouse Worker (3:00pm-11:30pm) Jonestown, PA to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID : 4705
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Warehouse / Distribution
Work Location : Harrisburg, PA (Whse)
State or Province : Pennsylvania (US-PA)
Potential Work Location : United States : Pennsylvania : Harrisburg BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY: The Inventory Support Clerk (OIVP/Clipboard) compiles, verifies, and maintains records of quantity and type of merchandise stocked in the warehouse, researches issues, exercises judgement, and collaborates with multiple MSC departments in the disposition and resolution of related issues.DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Ensures timely and accurate resolution of issues to guarantee customer service levels.
- Effectively diagnoses situations and prioritizes appropriately; displays a sense of urgency completing tasks.
- Works with other CFC departments to ensure proper, accurate handling of inventory throughout the processes of Receiving; Stock-handling; Picking; Packing; and Shipping.
- Researches and adheres to department protocol for resolving product issues including identifying damages, mixed items, vendor errors, internal handling errors, lot codes, expiration dates, and other discrepancies.
- Modifies packing slips to reflect action taken on the item(s) ordered or mod-zero
- Performs MOD-C as appropriate by updating update the system to reflect a ‘0’ inventory level count for the item(s), in accordance with Inventory Control department protocol.
- Pulls stock from PCK or OS locations to complete shorted orders, completes Replenishment and Emergency Replenishments as part of this process.
- Identifies and verifies product attributes through visual inspection, utilizing measuring instruments, reference materials, and internal systems.
- Updates warehouse system using specific commands and functions appropriate to action required.
- Verifies products using item numbers, descriptions, and quantity, properly scans labels.
- When overages exist, puts away product into bins, overstock, and racks.
- Counts items and cycle count bins as required.
- Creates, sorts, matches, and validates departmental reports.
- Loads / unloads and moves product by hand, pallet or cart.
- Operates basic warehouse (electric pallet jack, forklift) and advanced warehouse equipment (order picker, turret truck)
- Performs to productivity and quality expectations and within safety guidelines at all times.
- Participates in special projects or other duties as required. In order to meet customer service requirements, associates may be temporarily assigned to other warehouse functions.
- Keeps work area clean and organized at all times.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s vision and unity of purpose.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 6 months experience working in or with an MSC warehouse environment.
- Must obtain MSC license to operate warehouse vehicles within specified time requirements.
- A valid driver’s license to operate equipment is required.
- Bending to lift items from the floor and racks required.
- Lifting items between 25 and 50 pounds frequently and up to 75 pounds infrequently required.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.