What you will do:
Responsible for developing comprehensive applications solutions and estimates for specific customers or Johnson Controls Security Solutions (JCSS) Government Technology Group opportunities, as well as providing technical/sales support to the field organization for large and/or integrated systems. This position will act as primary liaison between the company and the customer, to include other stakeholders such as vendors, general contractors, electrical contractors, specialty contractors and other agencies. How you will do it:
• Ensures proper application of systems products to meet customer requirements.
• Reviews bid specifications and develops exception documentation.
• Assist Program Managers and other Program personnel in preparing cost estimates, bid responses, and functional specifications.
• Ensures the use of JCSS Policies and Procedures in all aspects of project preparation and implementation.
• Provide technical assistance to Business Operations and the JCSS field organization at system start up ensuring proper understanding by the field office regarding systems intent.
• Audits installed systems to ensure proper product revision control and customer support.
• Assist in evaluation and beta testing of new systems and subsystems to meet present or future requirements.
• Assists in the planning, setup, and support of both internal and external customer product demonstrations.
• Assists JCSS Service group on technical issues for the JCSS field organization.
• Customer liaison for JCSS and immediate customer.
• Have the ability to understand outdated, legacy type equipment and propose new solutions or integrate into new equipment.
• Have complete understanding of infrastructure requirements as it pertains to equipment being proposed or supported (cabling, power, environmental, conduits / raceways, etc).
• Configure and program Enterprise Security Head End Systems.
• Partner with Account Managers and Engineering to assist clients with developing strategic visions as they move towards enterprise-class security solutions. Typical activities include consultative whiteboard sessions with clients, analyzing technical and process data, designing solutions, creating project task outlines, creating scopes of work and quote generation assistance.
• Lead initiatives on new product rollouts.
What we look for:
• Preferred 10 (minimum of 5) years of experience in the integration of electronic security systems. To include but not limited to CCTV, access control, intrusion detection systems, intercoms, etc.
• 3 years proficiency in design, pricing and implementation of integrated systems.
• Knowledge of Access Control Configuration Management.
• Experience implementing/maintaining existing configuration standards and recommending new configurations which perform more efficiently.
• Purpose adaptations to existing systems to improve efficiencies.
• Hirsch-Identive Access control experience preferred but not required (certification a plus).
• Field experience preferred but not required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to interpret blueprints/CAD drawings, identify design deficiencies and solutions.
• Customer focused, with the ability to effectively interact with internal organization and customer representatives.
• Possess high level of PC literacy (Microsoft Office Suite, Server applications).
• Team oriented.
• Extensive knowledge of Operating systems, database connectivity, basic LAN protocols, and serial communications.
• High level of proficiency in access control (Hirsch-Identive preferred but not required), intrusion detection, fire alarm and CCTV products and concepts.
• Must be able to balance the highly technical hands-on tasks with the soft skills of project management, and strategic sales support while maintaining a commitment to continual education to be a leading technical resource in the industry.
• The ability to translate difficult technical information, procedures, and vision to non-technical persons is a key challenge.
• Position requires a high degree of self-management including scheduling and prioritization of work.
• Proficiency in design and deployment of our approved core access control and IP video products – or equivalent.
• Ability to occasionally travel to customer locations (25% travels).
• Ability to obtain and maintain a NACI clearance.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou
Intrusion Detection Systems
Intrusion Detection And Prevention