Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
United Design (part of UnitedHealth Group and Optum) is on a mission to create a healthier world, one person at a time. We believe this begins with innovative design thinking and technology aimed at delivering experiences that will make healthcare simpler, equitable and more effective. And dare we say even enjoyable.
United Design's User Experience Design Studio is looking for an energetic and creative Senior Manager User Experience who is passionate about the design of great health care experiences.
As a User Experience (UX) Design Manager you will report to the Design Director and supervise a team of designers. The UX Manager will work with project teams to design portals, applications, and web properties. The UX Manager will partner with designers, developers and UX directors to translate information architecture, navigation and process flows into easy-to-use and aesthetically beautiful solutions.
To know more about Optum Technology, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Manager-User Experience - Telecommute.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Lower 48 United States.
- Manage a team of user experience designers to design compelling and useful products
- Collaborate with stakeholders including UX Leads, Product Managers and Development Managers to identify, plan, prioritize and implement project design activities
- Participate in gathering research insights and concept testing to inform design decisions
- Perform design duties for one or more projects to meet UX, technical, and business needs
- Advocate for user-centered design including research, design, and accessibility
- Leverage and contribute to existing design pattern libraries and interface guidelines
- Critique in-progress design work, evaluating the priority and effectivity of solutions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 7+ years of experience creating wireframes and prototypes to communicate design concepts
- 5+ years of demonstrated understanding of mature user-centered design and research practices
- 3+ years of experience participating in user research and concept testing with users
- 2+ years of proven ability to manage multiple user experience professionals towards a cohesive vision
- Portfolio of relevant user experience project deliverables - please provide link and password atop your resume
- Degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Psychology, Information Architecture, Communications, Computer Science, or a related discipline
- Experience with enterprise software, B2B applications or large employee-facing systems and the medical or healthcare domain
- Proven ability managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of UX-related analytics, metrics, and measurement techniques
- Involvement in the UX community (e.g. associations, meet-ups, clubs, conferences)
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts clearly and persuasively across diverse audiences at various levels of our organization including executive leadership
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.