Are you looking for an opportunity to move your career forward with an established industry leader? Join our team at Zalk Josephs Fabricators! Zalk Josephs Fabricators has been in the structural steel fabrication business for over a century and supplies structural steel across the Midwest. The Zalk Josephs team has built their reputation on proven performance, meeting their customer’s stringent demands at highly competitive prices.
- Oversees and coordinates the planning and implementation of structural steel projects.
- Responsible for managing the project productivity, schedule, costs, quality and safety consistent with company policies and practices.
- Manages the projects including working with local team to develop processes for delivering total steel solutions.
- Reads steel shop drawings and structural drawings.
- Supervises the activity and development of Project Managers.
- Works with the Regional Manager in overseeing asset management efforts, administrative support duties, quality control, and field operations management support
- Develops and maintains customer relationships to enhance company’s ability to procure projects, reduce risk, and ensure operational efficiency.
- Monitors the overall safety and quality issues on the project.
- Assists with the development and coordination of material and fabrication schedules and promotes their efficient use.
- Oversees all subcontractor and vendor contracts and associated processes and procedures.
- Performs special projects and completes all other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management, or an equivalent combination of education and professional project management experience.
- Minimum ten years work experience performing similar primary position responsibilities and three years of experience in a management role exceeding performance expectations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, as well as with customers and vendors.
- Detail oriented with the ability to efficiently analyze and organize significant amounts of information regarding plan layouts, material deliveries and job productivities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Experience developing and delivering sales presentations and negotiating contracts in the construction industry.
What we can offer you:
- Inclusive Medical, Dental, Vision, Accident, and Illness insurance
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- Health Savings Account contribution of up to $1,000 per year
- 401(k) retirement savings program with a company match
- Employee Assistance Program including discounts with major vendors & products
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Competitive time off package including vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- A flexible, hybrid work schedule maintaining work-life balance
- Career advancement opportunities with a stable well-established organization
- Tuition reimbursement program and access to LinkedIn Learning courses
- A workspace stocked with refreshments and snacks for a mid-day pick-me-up!
Applications valid through December 31, 2022.
Zalk Josephs Fabricators is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Asset Management
- Business Efficiency
- Construction Engineering
- Construction Management