The Commercial Underwriter’s focus will be to provide assistance in the overall underwriting of the Ace Hardware Insurance Program, including prequalification of new business, validating renewal exposures, risk qualifications and pricing; and assist the Ace Insurance Agency (AIA) team in achieving its servicing and sales goals with a variety of underwriting and workflow responsibilities.
What you’ll do
- Underwrite and competitively price new business risks that fall within agency’s risk tolerances and program guidelines.
- Evaluate New & Renewal policies (within personal authority level)
- Monitor renewals so they are completed, issued and the policies are received by AIA at least 30 or more days prior to the renewal date.
- Order and evaluate various reports to determine future underwriting actions including: renewing a risk with no changes, coverage modification and non-renewals.
- Report types: Inspections, Building Valuations, MVR's, Loss Runs, X-Mod worksheets and other UW related reports, including non-renewals using ODEN software.
- Complete and/or assist with additional projects or assignments as requested by the General Manager or UW Team Leader.
- Obtain New and Renewal Cyber, EPL, D&O, Flood, Wind & Quake quotes from markets outside the Ace Hardware Insurance Program.
What you need to succeed
- BA/BS degree in Business or Insurance with at least three years of Property/Casualty insurance underwriting experience.
- Without a degree the candidate will need a minimum of five years of Property/Casualty underwriting experience and currently pursuing an AU or CPCU insurance designation. (To be completed within one year of employment)
- The candidate will need to possess a demonstrated technical knowledge of commercial lines underwriting,
- Detail oriented, organized and able to handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prepare and review underwriting information to assist in the underwriting of new & renewal small & medium Commercial business
- Strong Small Business Program underwriting acumen and experience is preferred
- Familiarity with new, highly intuitive, commercial lines rating and data systems and providers
- Strong organizational, time management, oral & written communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Publisher; strong Excel and Word skills a must (Intermediate to Advanced)
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military discharge, or any other action covered by federal or state laws.