Founded as a faith-based hospital in 1923 by the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word, Dignity Health - St. Mary Medical Center is a 389-bed, acute care, nonprofit hospital located in Long Beach, California. The hospital offers a full complement of services, including a Level II trauma center, cardiac and vascular center, surgical weight loss, maternity and the CARE Center, which is a recognized PrEP center of excellence. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health, one of the nation's five largest health care systems. Visit for more information.
The Instrument Technician processes supplies through cleaning, packaging, sterilizing and storing procedures. The Instrument Technician ensures performance is up to standard when established procedures for processing all items are followed consistently.
This position is responsible for all record keeping, PAR levels, employee evaluations, capital requests, maintaining work flow, maintenance of count sheets, and continual education of staff. This position is also responsible for OR attendants evaluations, education and competencies.Is knowledgeable of the philosophy and objectives of St. Mary Medical Center and incorporates these into each workday.
Instrument Tech / SPD / CBSPD / Central Services
- Minimum of three years in a Central Service or Surgical instrument processing area preferred
- Certification in Central Sterile Processing through the Certified Board for Sterile Processing *CBSPD or International Association of Healthcare Central Services Materials Management (IAHCSMM) w/in ONE year.
- Knowledge and ability to use aseptic technique.
- Communicates and works effectively with others.
- Accountable for self and subordinates.
- CPR Certification.