White’s Residential and Family Services
Job Title: Help Desk Administrator
Department: Business Office
Employment Status: Full-Time/Regular/Non Exempt
Qualifications: A Christian with strong convictions who is also in agreement with White’s mission statement, Statement of Faith, and Code of Conduct. A minimum of two years of study at an institution of higher education in the field of technology; or an Associate’s degree in the field of technology. Network+, MCSA/MCSE, CISCO, COMPTIA certifications not required but preferred.
Reports to: Information Technology Director
Job Summary: Help desk administrators are in charge of handling system support activities for their company or organization. They are responsible for providing excellent client experiences and working to resolve support issues in a prompt and professional manner. One of their main tasks includes setting up password and login resets for end users. In addition, they perform advanced system and network repairs, as well as provide computer information responses over email, phone, and in person as needed. Help desk administrators also complete equipment set-up, handle account renewal or termination, revise support procedures, and suggest changes as needed.
Help desk administrators handle server and domain changes, create detailed reports about equipment performance and request supplies. They escalate system issues, participate in auditing activities, follow strict privacy policies, and complete regular database maintenance tasks. Help desk administrators help diagnose hardware problems using specialized tools or computer programs, maintain accurate inventory records of computer equipment and replacement machines. Assist users using remote access tools using the local network or the Internet, create technical support documentation and share it with other information technology (IT) professionals. Among their main duties are installing and configuring a variety of hardware devices, troubleshooting operating systems, and software applications. They must identify opportunities to improve support processes.
- Read or listen to client problems and collect necessary information to identify and solve technical issues.
- Remotely or in person conduct set-up, administration, configuration, or troubleshooting of problems.
- Monitor and follow policies on backups, network, and storage capacity, and change management.
- Use ticket tracking to document problems and their solutions, and analyze that data to improve
performance and training.
- Maintain corporation phone, computers, and network.
- Coordinate all maintenance and repairs of equipment and maintain logs of such.
- Assist in installing equipment and systems.
- Coordinate the installation, configuring and maintaining of all software.
- Oversee the inventory of technology assets.
- Assist in maintaining all network resources.
- Assist in the assurance of backup integrity.
- Enable and train other designated person(s) as a backup for their responsibilities.
- Manage all imaging and rebuilding of corporation computers.
- Travel to all buildings to address technology needs in a timely manner.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Technology Director.
Skill, Supervision, Knowledge, and Ability
- Must be able to understand and support all aspect of White’s technology platforms
- Must be able to install application software and OS
- Must be able to install printers, scanners, and other equipment
- Must maintain network security, software license codes, & passwords
- This person needs to enjoy working closely with other staff members and have the ability to be flexible, adaptive, and positive in his/her interaction
- Must be able to maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality.
- Good communication skills are necessary and able to communicate quickly and concisely via telephone, email, & face-to-face.
Physical Demands of Position
- Must be able to carry up to 50lbs.
- Reliable transportation is necessary and able to communicate quickly and concisely via email.
- Appropriate dress for office environment.
- Travel will be required to provide support to branch offices.
A Christian with strong convictions who is also in agreement with White’s mission statement, Statement of Faith, and Code of Conduct. A minimum of two years of study at an institution of higher education in the field of technology; or an Associate’s degree in the field of technology. Network+, MCSA/MCSE, CISCO, COMPTIA certifications not required but preferred.
Installations (Computer Systems)