To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL 35203
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Kforce Finance and Accounting • Birmingham, AL
Posted 1 month ago
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client that is looking for an experienced Payroll Specialist for a medium to large size Insurance company in Birmingham, Alabama (AL). Summary: The role duties include inputting processing data into Human Resources systems in an accurate, timely manner to maintain accurate information. The candidate provides payroll processing and related functional services for the company. Key Tasks:
- Maintains records as per company guidelines
- Assists with monitoring of eTIME for missed punches and benefit time and contacts the employee and manager to get missing information as needed/time permits
- Emails employees to notify them of increases
- Runs monthly and ad hoc reports as needed/requested
- Prepares and maintains personnel and other files and scans documents in an accurate, timely manner; Follows up with managers as needed to obtain forms or other data as needed
- Audits entries of other employees in the unit before transmission (if possible) to ensure accuracy of data
- Responds to management and employee questions relating to pay checks, payroll processing and benefit balances
- Trains and maintains knowledge on all aspects of the payroll function and serves as a back up to the Payroll Specialist; Performs assigned duties each pay period
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Prior experience in payroll processing using ADP or similar payroll system preferred
- Experience in a customer service environment and clerical functions involving prioritizing of work, multi-tasking and other fairly complex clerical functions required
- Typing at 45 WPM with an accuracy ratio of 95%
- Above average attention to detail, independent thinking and analytical skills
- Peoplesoft experience is preferred
- Must have regular predictable attendance