One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
Laurel Ridge Treatment Center is seeking a dynamic and talented Mental Health Worker. To learn more about Laurel Ridge Treatment Center go to www.laurelridgetc.com.
The Mental Health Worker will assist in the direct care and management of children, adolescents, and adults. Provide direct supervision, safety and crisis management for patient/resident population.
1. Provides direct supervision of patients/residents.
2. Maintain safety within the milieu by constantly monitoring patients/residents for potentially unsafe behaviors.
3. Prevent and manage crisis situations.
4. Role model appropriate behaviors, attitudes, social skills and self-care.
5. Completes all documentation as required.
6. Adheres to facility policies and procedures.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: Good verbal and written skills, ability to rotate shifts and
programs as necessary, ability to maintain confidentiality of patient/resident information. Must consistently exhibit mental and emotional ability to understand and perform the essential functions of the job. Competent to provide direct supervision and implementation of the daily, structured routine. Provides behavioral management using hospital approved methods. Supervises patients at all times to maintain safety.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or GED; Attendance in an accredited college and/or university
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: Current Texas driver's license with good driving record, CPR/CPI certification.
EXPERIENCE: One year of experience as a Mental Health Worker preferred with adolescents (ages 12-18) or child or adult or enrollment in or a graduate of a professional program (LVN, RN, licensed therapist).
* Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
* 80%-90% of the time, the staff is standing, walking, kneeling or reaching while working with the patient/residents.
* Requires full range of body motion including handling and physical restraint of patient/residents.
* Ability to perform CPR.
* Ability to work rotating shifts.
* Emotional stability necessary to perform essential functions.
* Vision and hearing sufficient to perform essential functions.
* Ability to drive a vehicle.
* Ability to speak clearly and write legibly.
This opportunity provides the following:
- *UHS is Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan (if applicable)
- 401k plan with company match (if applicable)
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Bonus opportunity ($1000.00 sign-on bonus)
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
Licensed Vocational Nurses
Registered Nurse Certified