GHD is seeking a Senior Industrial Hygienist
to join our growing and vibrant EHS team in the Southeast region. In this role, you will help with the continued growth of our safety/industrial hygiene (IH) services throughout the region by providing vision and direction in collaboration with the EHS leadership team. In addition, you will develop a team to perform a wide range of IH consultation services for clients which include scoping, planning, conducting, and reporting the results of projects and management systems that range from sampling to auditing and consulting.
The location of this position is flexible; it can be based in any one of our Southeast regional offices.
Additional responsibilities will include:
The following skills and qualifications will lead to success in the role:
- Providing strategic direction and vision to the Southeast IH program by establishing project objectives & methodologies
- Coordinating with EHS leadership and business development staff on the sales and marketing of Environmental, Safety and Occupational Health (ESOH) services to industrial clients
- Managing and coordinating all aspects of IH projects which includes planning, scheduling, and providing work direction to project team members
- Performing exposure assessments for chemical (gases, vapors, dusts, aerosols, etc.), biological (viable and non-viable mold, blood-borne pathogens, etc.), physical (noise, heat/cold stress, non ionizing radiation), and ergonomic stressors
- Providing IH technical support to team members including litigation support, analysis, and interpretation of exposure data and exposure methodologies
Our commitment to you
- Certified in the comprehensive practice of industrial hygiene (CIH), by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Industrial Hygiene (preferred) or in the fields of Safety, Chemistry, Biology, or Engineering
- Previous experience working in an industrial facility is highly desired along with experience as a health/safety consultant
- Ability to perform project work according to the established scope and within the allocated budgets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven track record of conducting effective client presentations and written report preparation
- Must be proficient with Microsoft applications
- Ability to travel, work in the field (sometimes for extended period), work outdoors, and lift 50 lbs
- Knowledge of the southeast industrial markets with proven business development experience is preferred
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
If you are passionate about pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This position does not provide visa sponsorship.