To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Groton, CT
- Company Confidential
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Security Operations Center Operator
Confidential • Groton, CT
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
JOB SUMMARY: Operator will be monitoring with event logging and recording, alarm monitoring of intrusion detection systems, emergency dispatch, incident reporting and analysis, and remote alarm panel programming. Receives incoming calls for fire, medical, security, and customer service issues. Determines nature of call; enters calls for service in computer and dispatches proper responding units.
Primarily performs non-exempt duties of relatively high level of complexity, independence, and/or accountability in SOC applications and/or emergency response.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Receives and logs incoming calls for service; determines nature, location, and priority of call and contacts proper agencies for emergency response.
- Answers all emergency and non emergency phone lines including calls from mobile phones and patrols.
- Requires daily professional interaction with security, first responders, and law enforcement agencies in various national/international regions.
- Handles requests from field personnel/officers for tows, ambulances, fire, special equipment or service resolution needs. Makes contact with appropriate management for notification and or approval.
- Utilize multiple systems simultaneously to maintain situational awareness. Monitors various alarms and CCTV.
- Must be available to communicate with subordinates, supervisors, customers, vendors, and any other persons or organization with which interaction is required to accomplish work and employer goals.
- The employee must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including, but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines; beginning and ending assignments on time; and scheduled work breaks, where applicable.
- Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assigned site(s).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or G.E.D.; related experience preferred including but not limited to prior law enforcement and or military. Typing and data entry experience preferred. Experience in a public contact position providing and/or soliciting information by telephone preferred. Experience supervising officers or as an emergency dispatch centers operator is preferred. Experience, training, and education in video counter surveillance. Experience in crisis management operations and in operations center environments preferred. Education and/or experience in the use of CCTV for investigation or surveillance detection. Experience with situational awareness systems preferred. Proficiency in one or more language is preferred.
COMPETENCIES (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- If required for assigned site, must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet requirements for specific skills, certifications or authorizations specified for the assigned site.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Ability to be an effective team member.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
- Ability to communicate with intercom systems, radio systems, telephone including satellite telephone systems.
- Courteous telephone manner.
- Ability to use personal computer and enter data.
- Ability to access situation and use judgment in responding.
- Ability to work under distracting conditions.
- Alpha and numeric recognition.
- Understanding of computer commands.
- Ability to prioritize emergency calls and requests for services.
- Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
- Good organizational skills.
- Customer service and service delivery orientation.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to maintain daily activity logs.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with clients and staff, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements and site-specific requirements.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Computer usage including regular data entry.
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Visual stamina and acuity adequate to review alpha/numeric data and spend long periods looking at computer screen.
- Ability to sit and be attentive for extended periods of time.
- Eyestrain from PC screen.
- Ability to operate computer systems, alarm systems, telephone and radio systems.
- Ability to adjust to high noise levels from continuous phone usage.
- May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information.
EOE - AAP M/F/D/V