Reporting to the General Manager for the unit, the Manager, Ops, Customer Service is responsible for supporting the operational unit with meeting customer requirements and needs. This position will act as a liaison between the airline customer and the Gate Gourmet operational unit.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Agrees on performance expectations with the commercial team and works with GM/Unit staff to deliver against these expectations
- Approves (w/GM consent) specialty orders, uplifts, and responsible for invoice accuracy and timelines.
- Works closely with the production team in order to maintain a continuous knowledge of current specifications and customer expectations through routine audits.
- Ensures supply chain/purchasing has current up to date data and support purchasing requirements.
- Ensures that all processes and procedures related to specific flights are completed, quality standards are met, and additional revenue opportunities documented on invoice.
- Communicates the customer goals and represents the customer interests to the local GGI team.
- Strong understanding of unit capabilities and services, and effectively communicates all offerings to the client w/GM approval.
- Reports to the GM and or Account Director, providing regular input on all account activity, including service status and call reports on a weekly basis.
- Provides coordination between customer and GGI on special events such as Menu Presentation (scheduling, transportation, security, specs available, tent cards, tasting equipment, unit tours, beverages, etc.).
- Owner of T-minus schedule to facilitate changes and bringing all departments together for success.
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times. Treats the customer with dignity and respect.
Internal & External Communication
- Daily reconciliation of delays and communications need activities as required.
- Communicates daily to the GG operations team of any spec changes, performance issues, call backs, inspections, etc from previous day. Drives root cause analysis.
- Weekly recaps of delays vs. targets, FAC’s, and Update with customer on weekly basis and local station management. SR (Shared Responsibility)
- Ensures that customer issues are dealt with in an efficient manner, informing the General Manager and Commercial leader (PAM. Local Director) of any problems that may arise.
- Weekly inventory status checks. SR
- Provides regular two-way communication between the client and local GGI, to provide strong team representation and set proper client expectations.
- Ensures customer inventory sheet to be current and up to date par levels.
- Manages inventory process taken accurately and on time. Results reviewed before submission to the customer. Communicate to the customer when par levels need to change. SR
- Provides customer feedback to help customer reduce costs through inventory management.
- Warehouse space, issue here is to not be a warehouse for obsolete or excessive inventory. SR
- Ensures that Customs requirements, GGI Bonded policy and local Agriculture (compliance agreement) are implemented. SR
- Assists internal department on quality/compliance through weekly specification checks and audits (chef tables, packing diagrams, CCP’s, VSIE process, safety).
- Compares FACs against goals.
- Ownership of CSI and drives the process as outlined in GG policy and procedures.
- Conducts weekly documented billing checks to ensure items billed.
- Reviews monthly service order to ensure all service items captured and aligned with CXP and Sales force.
- Manages to a customer-specific set of KPI’s – reports on this performance to the commercial team, agrees performance targets to these KPI’s (e.g., delays, complaints, audit results) with Commercial VP and GM
- Annual (or quarterly) customer feedback survey on each aspect of the role – communication, inventory management, Quality cost management/invoice accuracy, and customer service orientation (does the customer view this role as representing their interests in the unit) SR
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associates degree or degree from a 4 year university or college is preferred
- Proven Account Management skills required in order to create, maintain, and enhance customer relationships
- Minimum of 3 years of account/project management experience.
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Extremely detail oriented
- Technical and analytical competence (understands software, hardware, networks, etc.)
- Motivated, goal oriented, and persistent
- High level of initiative and works well in a fast paced, team environment
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction
- Full knowledge of any customer specific requirements in Service Agreement and delivers as listed below:
Delta Airlines: Full knowledge of IFX system; Owner of change notice distribution list; understands the unit performance grading system; ensures the AC Damage reporting process is followed; full knowledge of Delta build tool.
United Airlines: Full knowledge of Unimatic (aircraft operation); Full knowledge of IBSOPS (meal board location); Ensures PSS (passenger counts) is used for forecasting; Ensures AirServ/AirVision is used for flight finalization; Ensures Sky Net is used for packaging/general requirements; Full knowledge on the use of Igaps (real flight info)
American Airlines: Understands AA evaluation and evaluation definitions; Full knowledge of AMOS & Sabre systems; Ensures food/equipment inventories in AirVision; Ensures equipment distribution is updated in AirVision; Ensures monthly IUR is documented in AirVision; understands the PMP process.
British Airlines: Knowledgeble/Ensures BA IFX tools are used in operation; Maintains chronological telex and bulletin information; Analysis TCS and BBSC sheets for BA performance; Full knowledge of AirServe and train staff on the use; Owner of TP006 accuracy for each scheduled change
Virgin Airlines: Take weekly photos of menu items and submit them to Virgin; Monthly review of TP006 and distribute the flight information; Must have full knowledge of Skylogistix; Must have full working knowledge of AirServ.
Language / Communication Skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bilingual is a plus.
Geographic Responsibility: Unit
Type of Employment: Full-time
Travel %: Up to 25%
Exemption Classification: Exempt
Work Environment / Requirements of the Job: Normal office environment
Budget / Revenue Responsibility: (Local Currency)
Direct Line Manager (Title): General Manager, Unit
Dotted Line Manager (Title, if applicable): N/A
Number of Direct Reports: Varies by unit
Number of Dotted Line Reports: N/A
Estimated Total Size of Team: Varies by unit
gategroup Competencies Required to be Successful in the Job:
Thinking – Information Search and analysis & problem resolution skills
Engaging – Understanding others, Team Leadership and Developing People
Inspiring – Influencing and building relationships, Motivating and Inspiring, Communicating effectively
Achieving – Delivering business results under pressure, Championing Performance Improvement and Customer Focus
Demonstrated Values to be Successful in the Position
Employees at gategroup are expected to live our Values of Excellence, Integrity, Passion and Accountability. To demonstrate these Values, we expect to observe the following from everyone:
- We treat each other with respect and we act with integrity
- We communicate and keep each other informed
- We put our heads together to problem solve and deliver excellence as a team
- We have passion for our work and we pay attention to the little details
- We foster an environment of accountability, take responsibility for our actions and learn from our mistakes
- We do what we say we will do, when we say we are going to do it
- We care about our coworkers, always taking an opportunity to make someone’s day better
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
gategroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or other category under applicable law.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: [ Link removed ]
Packaging And Labeling