Job ID: 477226
Safety, Integrity, Quality are the foundation or core values on which Tilcon New York Inc., a CRH company operates. Located in New York and New Jersey, Tilcon New York Inc. is an integrated materials company with multiple quarry locations, water terminals, heavy highway construction division, asphalt and recycle plants. Tilcon manufactures sells and ships, made in the USA, products of crushed stone, asphalt, sand, gravel and recycled materials throughout New York, New Jersey, and some areas of Pennsylvania. Growth opportunity, professional development and a culture of support and resources are provided to each employee for their personal growth and success within Tilcon New York Inc., and CRH.
The Construction Management Trainee is responsible for schedule preparation, pre-planning and resource forecasting for construction and other technical activities relating to the project. Ensures quality of work, compliance with all governing agency requirements, and maintains project quantity and correspondence records.Roles and Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Lead and uphold TNY values
- Reinforce and lead by example on TNY safety culture
- Promote and enforce TNY and CRH Safety Practices
- Safety Incident reviews/investigations
- Assist in project supervision
- Quality results tracking
- Progress unit review/projections
- Project budget review and plans to improve cost/schedule
- Daily, 2 week and 90 day schedule development and communication
- Track/manage daily quantities and costs – Infield reviews
- Communication with customer/project representatives, R.E., etc.
- Work closely with entire construction team. Provide job support, progress & performance information to project supervisors.
- Includes daytime, plus evening and weekend work and phone calls from time to time.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- General office duties
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Marginal Duties and Functions
- Assists other departments as requested or assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) with 5+ years of experience in the construction industry along with supervisory experience.
- Computer savvy.
- Knowledge of DOT and CDL regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Mining/Civil Engineering or a related engineering field, any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the preferred knowledge, skills and abilities
- Experience in construction or manufacturing environment preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Must possess a valid State driver’s license
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and company procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when required.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety Glasses, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, Dust masks & Hearing Protection.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Demonstrate friendly and business-like attitude towards vendors, customers, truck drivers, fellow employees and supervisors.
- Strong computer knowledge
- Must be able to effectively communicate in verbal and written form to employees, management and clients.
- Able to identify, define and resolve problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must have the ability to handle stressful situations as they arise.
- Working knowledge of English and Math, office practices and procedures.
- Ability to check own work to ensure accuracy.
- Ability to maintain records and files.
- Ability to deal effectively with questions or problems, seeking assistance when needed
- Must have strong data entry skills and be proficient in Outlook.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- High standard of ethics, integrity, and trust.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures outlined in Employee Handbook.
- Must display a professional and courteous attitude toward co-workers, supervisors and general public at all times.
- Cleanliness & neatness of all equipment, tools, desks, & computers is a must at all times.
- Be able to work independently, safely, have strong organization skills, and have a strong work ethic
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to sit, walk and stand for periods of time. The employee is required to use a computer for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust to focus.
- Fine Motor
- Repetitive motion
This position requires an employee to lift:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job will require both office work and field work. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment in the office is usually quiet.
- Hot weather
- Cold weather
- Wet weather
- Moving equipment
- Exposed to noise
- Exposed to high heat
- Safety, Integrity, Quality – formally and visibly demonstrate support and understanding of CRH and Tilcon’s core values.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Cultivates Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Manages Complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Courage - Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Directs Work - Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
- Drives Engagement - Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Tilcon New York Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Management Trainee, Construction - Parsippany, NJ.
- Civil Engineering
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Construction Engineering