Responsible for supervising and scheduling day-to-day operational activities to include troubleshooting, health, safety, and environmental compliance issues and policies, quality assurance/control, determining cost of supplies versus labor, provide technical expertise on operational modifications, hiring and training of subordinates, etc.
Assist immediate supervisor in the annual preparation of goals versus forecasted budgeted allowances as well as conducting special exploratory assignments Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enforces all compliance, health and safety policies and procedures in accordance with departmental and regional requirements.
- Oversee compliance with all OSHA, EPA, DOT, and all other governmental regulations.
- Attends and arranges for all required training courses.
- Oversees operation of all equipment including maintenance to ensure optimum utilization.
- Assists with the training of team members to ensure appropriate performance standards within the various functional areas of the site.
- Maintain a professional image to clients by answering inquiries and suggesting alternative solutions to existing and/or potential problems.
Certification/Licenses: Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- BS in Chemistry or related science discipline or equivalent work experience required
- 4 to 6 years of hazardous waste experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge in the following areas: DOT, EPA, TSCA, and OSHA
- Knowledge of site capabilities and limitations prior to treatment and/or shipping hazardous & non-hazardous waste materials to ensure efficient disbursement and storage.
- Computer proficient
- Strong team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple deadlines
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to create & prepare reports as necessary
Oversee Entire Shift
Training Crew Members
Oversight Of Production
Daily Production Standards