Securitas Security Services has a NEW opportunity available for access control security officer. In this role, the office will maintain facility access control by verifying identification of all guests entering the premises. Ideal candidates should possess strong customer service skills, be friendly, alert, and very observant. Ability to speak multiple languages and handle difficult situations is a plus!
Full-time opening in Downtown Minneapolis
Shift: Thurs-Sun 5p-2:30a
Pay rate at $14 per hour
For questions and more details about these job opportunities, please give our hiring office a call at 763-287-3122
DAILY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain access control- checking guest identification; must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Daily reporting-strong written communication skills needed
- Report suspicious activity
- Respond in emergency situations
- Preserve order- must be able to handle difficult and challenging situations in a calm manner; bilingual a plus!
- The ability to utilize a tablet, computer or smartphone. Must be comfortable with computers.
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing and permit requirements for Security Officers and armed security work and specific protective device and weapons qualifications.
- Required to utilize rapid and effective judgment in responding to unusual or emergency situations using appropriate escalation of force level.
- Must be able to work in various weather conditions
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED. If not, must be willing to complete the GED program within six months.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
- Must pass both background and drug screen
- Valid Driver's license and clean driving record
Think you have the skills? Join our TEAM today and become a piece of the Securitas armor!