Midsouth Paving, Inc., part of CRH’s South Division, is a leading supplier of quality asphalt and Construction Services in the Southeastern U.S., with operations in Alabama. Working with government agencies, private contractors, counties and municipalities, we produce millions of tons of quality construction materials and pave many miles of highways every year. Our highly skilled workforce strives to deliver the highest quality products and services in a safe, timely and efficient manner, on every project. Mid-South Paving, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Participant.
This is a skilled position requiring three years of related experience. This individual will drive a Tri-axle or Single/Multi Axel Dump Truck for transporting construction materials to and from jobsites. This position requires the ability to make pre and post trip inspections, oil, grease, service and make normal operating adjustments to the Dump Truck, and lift/move transported materials as needed. Applicants must have a Commercial Drivers’ License and necessary endorsements in accordance with 49 CFR383.91: heavy straight vehicle (Group B) or combination (Group A) and have prior experience operating a Dump Truck in a construction environment. Local candidates will be given special consideration.
- Class A CDL License
- Experience with Flow Trailers
- Can operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Perform an inspection of truck including but not limited to checking oil, water, horn, lights, tires, windshield and wipers, fire extinguisher, fuel and seat belt as well as cleaning mirrors and windows and also starting engine and allowing warm up period, checking braking and steering.
- Must follow verbal and written instruction.
- Knowledge of different types and sizes of aggregates.
- Drive truck to jobsite and position truck for loading by loader or plant operator/storage bin.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move from 10 to 30 lbs and be able to climb, sit/drive, shift gears, cover/uncover loads, change wheels, adjust lugs, use hand tools such as wrenches/screwdrivers
- Lower bed of truck and drive to be loaded again
- Must be able to communicate effectively and be a team player
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Midsouth Paving, Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Truck Driver Birmingham.
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Team Working