Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealthcare Community & State is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system. If you're ready to help write the history of UnitedHealth Group and improve the lives of others, you can do it with UnitedHealthcare Community & State. We contract with states and other government agencies to provide care for over two million individuals. Working with physicians and other care providers, we ensure that our members obtain the care they need with a coordinated approach.
This enables us to break down barriers, which makes health care easier for our customers to manage. That takes a lot of time. It takes a lot of good ideas. Most of all - it takes an entire team of talent. Individuals with the tenacity and the dedication to make things work better for millions of people all over our country.
** This is a 40hr work week schedule**
** Outside/ field sales**
If you are located in the state of New York, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
Interact and meet with eligible individuals at their homes and / or various sites throughout the community / service area to enroll them into UnitedHealthcare government programs (NY State Medicaid and Child Health Plus)
Maintain high level of collaboration between UnitedHealth Group and community - based partners and other state and government agencies in the New York area
Perform community marketing and outreach to promote UnitedHealthcare government programs
Offer ongoing member education and member servicing
Maintain accurate records for reporting purposes
Meet monthly targets for applications received
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 1+ years of experience in a direct sales, social service, community or customer service position
- Travel locally up to 100% of time within assigned sales territories in this NY market area
- Possess a valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and current automobile insurance
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Work Monday - Friday core business hours, nights & weekends and overtime, as required
- Live within one of the locations listed for this specific career opportunity
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Familiar with enrollment and eligibility in New York's public health insurance programs
- Experience with enrollment in Medicaid / Child Health Plus products
- Certified Application Counselor certification
- Have established professional relationships with non-profits, community sources, religious / faith based organizations in designated sales territory
- Experience working with communities of all different ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, diverse populations and / or underserved communities
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV / AIDS and high - risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes - based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic
information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sales, Medicaid Sales, New York City, NYC, Hudson Valley, Upstate NY, Community Outreach, Marketing, Facilitated Enroller, Bilingual, CAC, Certified Application Counselor, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote, Woodbury, Poughkeepsie, White Plains, Troy, Kingston, NY, New York
Microsoft Power Point