To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Statesville, NC
- Doosan Infracore Construction
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator
Doosan Bobcat • Statesville, NC
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Develops, coordinates, and administers Environmental, Safety and Health programs, along with job-specific training and related administration, at the Statesville facility.
- This position is required to handle repetitive but diverse issues concerning employee safety. The incumbent should be able to resolve these issues quickly and efficiently by means of a systematic follow-up process.
- This position is required to be able to identify whether or not a performance evaluation is completed correctly and, if it is not, be able to work with the supervisor to help them understand the problem and make the appropriate corrections.
- The person is required to be able to identify safety problems throughout the facility, investigate their causes, offer solutions, and follow-up on the completion of corrective actions.
Role & Responsibility
Develop and Maintain Environmental Safety and Health Comprehensive Program for Facility
- Work with appropriate consultants to oversee Environmental program ensuring compliance is achieved and maintained through quality record-keeping.
- Work in conjunction with Plant Management and OHS Nurse to lead safety teams including accident investigations and to drive a behavior-based safety process (such as Dupont Stop Program) throughout the facility and grounds.
- Conduct safety inspections in the facility in conjunction with area supervisors.
- Coordinate and conduct all annual safety and environmental training facility-wide training and re-certification including Powered Industrial Vehicles (forklift, tugger, cherry picker, etc.) and Lockout/Tagout maintaining all appropriate documentation records.
- Coordinate and facilitate knowledge/skill-based progression system.
- Work with Manufacturing facilitators and team leads to maintain all employee safety-training records and ensure consistency throughout the facility.
- Pursue, achieve and maintain ISO14000 certification.
- Maintain current knowledge of all applicable ES&H regulations and their impact on the Statesville facility.
- Work with departments to find and resolve safety issues including ergonomic concerns.
- Coordinate safety recognition programs.
- Support all compliance audits and is the lead for the audit process.
Any Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
4 year degree in related field. OSHA Related Certificates.
PC skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, Oracle
Knowledge of applicable safety laws i.e. OSHA, EPA, etc.
2 >5 years of experience
Decision-making Scope (Range)
Direct Manager: Statesville Site Operations Manager
- Work with OHS nurse and plant management to lead safety teams.
- Must interact with all employees at every level
- Direct contact with outside consultants.
- Regulatory Agencies
- Other corporate business units
The world-renowned brands that make up Doosan Bobcat produce industry-leading compact and heavy construction equipment, attachments, air compressors, lighting systems, generators and articulated dump trucks. Doosan Bobcat is a part of the Doosan Group, which employs 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide. With people at the core of who we are, we believe the growth of our people will lead to the continued growth and success of our world-class company. Our team of dedicated employees is the backbone that allows us to provide construction equipment solutions that help our customers build the world of tomorrow. Wherever you find us, you'll hear the sounds of progress, see the results of our people and feel the rhythm of transformation in everything we do.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-476-4263.