Our client, one of the largest Amazon Web Services (AWS) partner for data services, is looking for top talent to join their elite team of technologists to build and contribute to large-scale, innovative projects. Our client wants candidates who are eager to learn and grow with them as they work to move their market monitoring applications to modern big data platforms in the cloud where up to 60 billion market events are being processed each day.
If you are a fast learner, have a sharp mathematical and technical mind and are interested in working for one of the biggest data users in the country in a fast-paced, open source environment, our client has an immediate need for a Director of Engineering
to help lead the engineering teams for our client.
Our client is seeking a Director/Senior Director to lead in their Enterprise Data Platforms Division. This person owns the framework for defining, organizing, leading, and communicating the delivery of the R&D projects through teams comprising muti-disciplinary business experts, engineers, and product managers and having enterprise-wide executive stakeholders. This person is responsible for driving thought leadership and interacting with senior technologists and business leaders in all departments across FINRA to ensure that target benefits of the program are realized.
Term: Direct Hire Job Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain program structure, including governance organization, project teams, R&D pipeline workflow, and communication cadence.
- Engage with individuals who submitted ideas for R&D to articulate the scope of the ideas and its business value
- Manage scope and schedule, including business critical milestones, dependencies, and change.
- Manage program issues and risks – assess likelihood and magnitude of impact; determine mitigation strategies; escalate where appropriate.
- Work with Finance and others to estimate, manage, and report on program budgets – includes labor, infrastructure, license, vendor, and other costs; track approved budges, forecasts, and actuals; and resolve variances.
- Provide routine updates to various audiences and in a variety of formats, including collaboration environment maintenance (wikis, eMail distribution lists, slack channel, etc.) and written status reports to management, program presentations to senior leadership, and narrative updates for Board meeting materials.
- Coordinate with corporate communications, talent management, and others to market the program including social media, digital display boards, newsletters, recorded presentations, etc.
- Help sponsors create business cases for full funding of any ideas that graduate from R&D.
- Demonstrated success in the job responsibilities (above) within the context of software development organizations, ideally with large-scale, multi-platform, high-volume, big data ecosystems.
- Critical understanding of machine learning, artificial intelligence, and natural language processing
- Experience with big data is a plus
- Experience managing matrixed resources.
- Ability to analyze data and content and synthesize for management communication and decision making
- Strong organizational storytelling capabilitym ideally with examples that can be shared.
- Ability to be both detail-oriented and big picture, and to context-switch.
- Ability to work fluently with technologists and business at different levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or management domain; advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience.
ConsultNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, military or veteran status, and other characteristics protected under federal, state and local law.
Natural Language Processing