Position Description: Enter timesheet data, compute and record earnings owed to employees, calculate deductions, and maintain employee master payroll data.
- Associate’s Degree preferred, 2 years recent payroll experience, multi-state payroll tax experience desired, or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
- General knowledge basic accounting principles
- Must be accountable to escalate issues promptly, learn and apply knowledge quickly, and meet deadlines
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, maintain accuracy, and self-check work
- Able to work independently, with some oversight, and in team environment
- Must follow established procedures and execute directions to completion without need of follow up by management
- Must have good work ethic and integrity, dependable, adaptable, cooperative, and motivated to take on new responsibilities
- Professional written and verbal communication and general office skills
- Proficiency with databases and computer applications, including MS Office, MS Access
- Must have excellent data entry skills, to include 10 key pad proficiency with limited input errors
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move heavy weight.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor